[Mod] Xedilco Mirror War is Here! (Dl pg8 only!)

I

Hate

Megaupload and it’s file unavaiable message.

I’ll try it later but I highly recommend using this place for uploads.

-EDIT-
Finally I could download this.
It looks really good this mod ^^

lol, mediafire is worst than megaupload by far…

The problem of the machinegun is that the salvo is too high, 20 x 9 = 180 (100-150 if u cant hit with all the salvos) damage and the shield penetration is too high, gatling guns should not be have high shield penetration, cuz once u get the enemy shield down, u can kill a ship in seconds. Gatling guns are the worst enemy of armour. I think lowering the salvo size to 10 should be better.

EDIT: Made some changes after noticing the weight of these things.

So, when I combine Scimitar with Long range missile, I get this

First Line
1 ion cannon
1 medium crew
1 small power
1 armor 3
2 power armor

Result, 78.9 defense anti rush, 476 cost.

Second Line
1 long range missile
1 medium crew
1 small power
2 armor 3
1 power armor

Result, 75.42 defense, 4500 range, 461 cost.

Third Line
2 long range missile
1 large crew
1 large power
1 armor 3

Result, 31.0 defense, enough artillery power to win long range war as the first 2 line tanks.

I can sorta spam those thing and they are more or less damage immune. Seem to be consistent with crushing both rush and other missile spams alike.

u cant compare the laser with a bullet type weapon, even if both do the same dmg, the bullet weapon has salvos, this mean the probabilities of hit are much much higher, and with that hig shield penetration is far much overpowered that any type of laser. And a bullet weapon with 20 salvos, and shield penetration of 55, will disable the enemy shields on seconds cuz u dont let em to even regenerate.

Another complain I will have is that those ship’s name are way too confusing. Like something will be name frigate but is actually a cruiser… Some battle cruisers are frigates and some are cruisers.

I don’t know any mechanics in the game that increase hit chance for salvo.

CL or MWM spam with co-op never let enemy shields regenerate to begin with. Shield regen has always been more or less a useless stat.

That, and I can’t even kill my own Tribe CL spam with a Xedilco Machine Gun Spam. That probably has more to do with Xedilco having really bad cruiser hull than the gun itself.

The machingun is a regen shield killer. It’s is main role. But, technically, it less powerful than the cruiser laser.

Can you create a challenge whit it? I will try it.

The Xedilco haven’t bad cruiser hull, but uncommon to use cruiser hull. The main word is speed. Did you known other cruiser who can move at 0.86 with 5 weapon available?

All name are logical.
The fighter have one handed, small weapons name.
The frigate have one handed, medium weapons name.
The cruiser have two handed, big weapons name.

The only exception are the special hull:
Whip → One handed small/medium weapon (Light weapons that can hurt well used)
Katana → One hand and a half medium weapon (Alternative between frigate and cruiser)
Rapier → One handed light weapon (O.K. it’s the less logical) (But a weapon based on speed and precision)

And against fighter?
Anyway, I will reduce armour boost and raise the hull one.

P.S. What do you think of the new Federation toy?

Well Tribe CL spams are all over the place. You can try 4618044.

They are enormous in size, and with the hull penalty will quickly die to laser fighters. The hull penalty/speed boost also pigeon hole them to rushing. When compare with the 2 common rushes, the Tribe CL Spam and Swarm Frigates Spam, they have less utility value as the hull penalty give them more weakness/bad match-ups.

Look, they are logical for you only because you made it. People trying mods are interested in what’s new and what’s hot; not so much in deciphering their strange name with the associated class.

You can’t reasonably expect people to magically know that a Rapier Tactical “Frigate” is actually a cruiser until someone clicks on it. Believing otherwise is just, well, silly.

They have 70+ defense, they are practically immune to fighters… The armor frigate fleet has crushed all the competitive fleet I tested this on thus far.

Plus, being frigates, you can easily swap in some AA missile in maps with high pilot/credit ratio.

I prefer the Panther hull.

I know this is an old, dead thread, but being as this mod could only be downloaded from megaupload (which of course is now dead), I was simply wondering whether anyone would happen to still have a copy of this mod? I know this is an old mod, but nonetheless, I would still very much like to have it if possible.

I just sifted through my archive of mods, and I don’t have this one. Sorry, dude. :frowning:

There are few forum-active posters remaining here who are also veterans from that time or before. Keep asking around, but don’t get your hopes up too high.

mediafire.com/?i92qsaly7sf41oe

Thank god i have a full archive of almost every mod released EVER in this forum, here you go:

[size=150]http://www.mediafire.com/?vgtb31yiw9rlb7t[/size]

Hey astro, what about editing the main post and posting this link instead of the broken one?

EDIT: Wow, someone posted right before me? nice xD

Welcome to the forums WayOfEnoch

Thank you, my good man.

And you are also the hero of the hour, Praetors. :slight_smile: Well done!

I’m on it.

This is very sweet news indeed…we’ve gone from “no sources,” to having a source and even a mirror , too. :wink:

This thread’s first post is now updated accordingly.

Hurray! Thanks guys for getting a link up for this mod, I can’t wait to download it and play with it :slight_smile:

It is one of the good old ones, you cant beet the xedilicos machine lasers!

Who dare challenge my sleep?!

I think I’m a little late ^^’

For your greatest pleasure: Xedilco, the return!

Small typo correction
Fix the second encounter deployment zone (-.-)
All hull got a small speed boost
Gatling got a longer recharge rate

A new hull is approaching!

The Grand Goremaul:
Ultra heavy bombardment ship
Very powerful against cruiser but highly vulnerable to fighter and flanking (Limited fire arc ~40°)
(You can not edit this hull!)

They are back!
They strike again!
Time for battle!
http://www.mediafire.com/?z6dhnjusoze38j8

Bonus: it’s not a broken megaupload link ^^

(Anyone got my Homeworld mod on is computer? I lose it with my previous PC ^^’)

How did you limit the firing arc?

It’s not really a limited fire arc.
Let’s look at the ship data!

[config]

width = 370
height = 370

[slots]

6 = 64.00,-1300.00,TURRET,(64.00-106.00),

The ship is 370 point of size.
The data use a grid of 256 point.
So, 1 point of grid is 1.4453125 point in game

As you can see, the real turret is outside of the main position grid and is only present on the ship with the “multiple turret” system.
So, the firing circle is outside the ship (at 2032 point of is turret [size=85](1.4453125x1406 ^^)[/size]) but the turret is only visible on the ship!

But (if there is no but, it’s not fun…) the only kind of weapons that work properly is missiles, plasmas, and partially the beams.
If a Laser weapons shoot at a ship on the other side of the firing circle, the projectile will stop approximately at the centre, because a laser projectile can not travel more than the normal range of his turret.
I don’t know how the bullet react to this, I haven’t tested yet.
Beam reaction is very strange. If the turret real position is inside the shield bubble, the beam will bypass it. If the turret is inside a shield bubble but not the real weapon position, the beam will strike the bubble with a weird angle.

Missiles and plasma react with no problem, the only thing to remember is the set the fuel to a little more than two time the normal firing range.

An other problem is that a player can not edit the weapons using this trick! You must create already equipped ship for the player to use!

That’s all folks ^^

:-0

I think my brain just melted… I am sure it is a great explanation…just gonna have to digest it for a while.

Same explanation but with pictures
As you are all aware a turret will fire only at targets within its range .
The centre of that targeting circle is where the module is placed in the design screen.
So if you place the location of that module in front of the ship you can “limit” the firing arc.
As you can see, this particular turret will only shoot at ships that are within the circle.
So in effect the turret has a limited firing arc.