Modding tool

Anyone skilled willing to make a tool (visual editor) for modding to D4? D3 had it’s own but it’s from 2013 and well… some changes were made in a way of creating a policies in D4 so it makes it less usefull. I think that it should be possible for someone to “update” the original mod creator.
Here’s a screen of how it looked like

1 Like

Where did you get this D3 tool? I might be interested in porting it over to D4 depending on how much work it would be. I don’t think I could commit to writing a whole new tool for D4 at this time though.

1 Like

I had completely forgotten about this! I’ve been busy developing my own game (Software Inc).

Anyway, I found it hidden on an old backup drive: https://coredumping.com/random/Democracy3ModderSrc.zip

It was seemingly created in VS 2012 using Windows Forms, not sure what state it is in. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply and for the source code. I’m glad to see it’s C# :slight_smile:

I know Software inc! It’s a pretty cool game.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t knew that the developer of one of my favourite games ever was working on it ;o

@Khornel Till I still can - I just wanted to say thank you - For the tool - For the source code (In my and fellow D4 players name I guess) - And for Soft. Inc. - Dude, like, it’s so freaking good, I’ve been playing since Alpha and I still love it, duh, it got even better - You did such a great job working on it. Words can’t describe how I even feel about it.

@man_with_flan That’s highly appreciated! ^^ Let us know if You’ll have any updates on this

1 Like