armour_penetration = 13
blasttexture = “Blaster_texture.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color = 2
cost = 522
crew_required = 15
damage = 2
description = “this weapon lunches nano bot capsules that can quickly tear an un armored of sheilded ship appart. while the radiation damage starts small it quickly increases do to the nano bot replication”
fire_interval = 25
salvo_size = 22
salvo_interval = 10000
guiname = “Nano bot launcher”
height = 50
hitpoints = 240
icon = turret
min_range = 22
max_range = 500
name = “Nano bot launcher”
optimum_range = 350
powerconsumed = 54
shield_penetration = 12
size = “CRUISER”
sound = data/sounds/fusion_torpedo2.ogg
soundvolume = 1.0
speed = 12
tracking_speed = 1.6
turret_sprite = “turret_las_v5”
turretsize = 30
weight = 240.0
width = 10
slot_type = TURRET
uisortpos = 60020
payload = “RADIATION”
radiation_damage = 10
radiation_decay = 1.005
total_damage = 100000
damage_duration = 15000

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL
[/code]

Because of possible danger from nano bots being released on a ship the are loaded deactivated its not until they pass through the arming field out side the turrets do they become dangerous located below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u3w8q9jwv1x8b5u
simply put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\fx and your good to go :slight_smile:

Some of the grammar and typing is a bit off, and one of the tags was cut off. Let me help clean this up a little for you…

[code][config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
armour_penetration = 13
blasttexture = “Blaster_texture.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_BulletWeaponModule”
color = 2
cost = 522
crew_required = 15
damage = 2
description = “This weapon launches nano-bot capsules that can quickly tear apart a ship that isn’t armored or shielded. While the radiation damage starts small, it quickly increases due to the nano-bot replication.”
fire_interval = 25
salvo_size = 22
salvo_interval = 10000
guiname = “Nano-bot Launcher”
height = 50
hitpoints = 240
icon = turret
min_range = 22
max_range = 500
name = “Nano bot launcher”
optimum_range = 350
powerconsumed = 54
shield_penetration = 12
size = “CRUISER”
sound = data/sounds/fusion_torpedo2.ogg
soundvolume = 1.0
speed = 12
tracking_speed = 1.6
turret_sprite = “turret_las_v5”
turretsize = 30
weight = 240.0
width = 10
slot_type = TURRET
uisortpos = 60020
payload = “RADIATION”
radiation_damage = 10
radiation_decay = 1.5
total_damage = 100000
damage_duration = 42000

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL[/code]

Hm… why didn’t I ever think about this? Good job. This could lead to a few interesting new weapons. We could use a few more… maybe for a new mod race. If I find time over the next few days I’ll make these, but if someone else has some extra time now feel free.

Here’s what I was thinking:

• Small fighter version that does fighter level damage (smaller number of non-replicating nano), and a fire interval right about as long as the fighter torpedo.
  • A rapid fire “death by a thousand stings” type with minimal damage (once again non-replicating nano) that will allow the missile’s to bypass anti-missile systems by going fast enough that they can’t be intercepted easily.

Yea those are good ideas, but almost all the mods around there have the same modules included. For example, in my mod posted time ago i included a lot of new weapons, gatling guns (its like the nano bot gun) and some variations and of course a fighter version of the gatling gun. Its easy to get a new weapon changing only a few things in the module files. Thats the good thing of GSB!!.

glad you guys like it but im considering decrease the replication rate because currently it can kill a ship with over 2mill hp in about 3 sec when its unshielded and unarmored

The problem is , that in this kind of weapons u need to reduce the trackin speed, like 0.8 or something like that. If u dont do that almost every salvo u fire will hit, and thats a bit overpowered weapon -.-

as awesome as this would be it cant be done because of the 1 missile per launcher rule.

as for the tracking speed. it has trouble penetrating heavy armor and shields and it does very low damage per shot. you have a maximum of 44 damage per volley if it can get through the shields or armor and each volley is separated by a pretty long interval so in the end it needs its tracking speed to maintain its rather low effectiveness against shielded/armored frigates and rarely cruisers.

with 10 and 1.5 growth it will deal insane damage no-matter what.

Say for 10 seconds damage = 10 + 10(1.5) + 10(1.5)^2 +… 10(1.5)^49 = 12,752,429,984. You need to significantly lower your numbers.

Dude, 42000 damage duration and 10000 total damage??? dude, lower those numbers or u will kill any ships in seconds. Thats insane!!

It doesn’t deal 100000 damage, that’s the problem. It actually deals 1.9 E38. 1.9 with 38 zeros.

The total damage is just cosmetic. The thing that determines damage is radiation_damage = 10, radiation_decay = 1.5, and damage_duration = 42000. Radiation “ticks” every 200 time interval (or 0.2 seconds).

Stats changed. and just so you know radiation dosent effect shield or armor so it can only insta kill tribe ships

new stats decay:1.005 duration:15000

I made one for my plant mod with 1 radiation damage, 1.01 decay, and 36000 duration, which comes out to a nice 500 damage.

yea u right, but i mean , dealing radiation dmg over 42 s is insane.

Now we just need a race that exclusively uses nano bot tech. any one want to take it of my hands? to lazy to do it my self :slight_smile:

Dude, GSB is one of the easiest and fastes modable games ive ever seen, just try it a bit harder :wink: i think all the modders here are busy with their current mods (me included) and they also have ideas from other mods, so i dont think anyone will catch that request… :wink:

Such damage is so far into overkill that it’s either a game-breaker or a deliberate joke. :slight_smile: Some of my modded content is meant purely for my own consumption; I wouldn’t knowingly & intentionally share an absurdity with the public. At least not without a clear disclaimer such as, “Warning: Do not operate vehicles or motorized machinery while under the influence of this mod.” :smiley:

In a word, yes. :wink:

first of that damage will only effect hull and it has low penetration so its no as OP as it sounds second i deceased the damage to slightly more then 900 damage over a 15000 interval so its more balanced now

lol, at the contrary, radiaton damages have direct effect on armour and hull, once the shields are gone. Once u hit a non shielded ship, that ship is destroyed. So yup, its super overpowered. Even if u write 15000 interval, u need to lower the dmg duration, to a logical value like 5000 or something like that. 900 damage for a radiation weapon is still overpowered.

radiation damage has no effect on armor trust me Ive been balancing it for the last 3 days.

It does 907 damage in 15 seconds. It’s overpowered because you can mix this with cruiser laser. With so much firing speed you just need about 2 ships dedicated to them with the rescuer tag to spray the rad. Anything that lose their shield to cruiser laser will die instantly.

My version only deals 500 damage over 36 seconds, with average 1600 cool-down, and I am afraid that is overpowered already.