New Jobs

Hey, I bought the game a while ago and have been gradually learning how to change things but today I tried to make a new job unrelated to all the others and just completely failed. Has anyone been successful with doing this and if so, how?

Evenin’!

If you post the job you created (you may need to split it to allow the forum to display it) I’ll have a look and see if you’ve missed something.

If you’re not sure on how to make a job at all then I’ll post a short How-To (but there might already be one on the forum somewhere).

SomeGuyInABikini, Speed Left4Deading

I’m really not sre how so if you could tell me that would be great :slight_smile:

First thing is: what job are you trying to create? If you grab an already existing job and edit it then you shouldn’t have ‘much’ issue :slight_smile:

Also, make sure you open and save the .CSV file in Notepad, or something similar. If you use Wordpad or MS Word it may break the file. CSV files are very susceptible to corruption if you use the wrong program.

SomeGuyInABikini, will be with you tomorrow

First off I’d recommend:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2123
it’s FULL of useful advice and breaks down many of the main CSV files.

Now, if you want to start modding the game I suggest these steps:

1.) a fresh game install, then running the game to make sure it’s working
2.) make a backup of any file you’re changing (just copy and paste into the same folder to make a duplicate)
3.) download and use CSVed for editing (csved.sjfrancke.nl/). You can use notepad, but it’s not as nice as a dedicated CSV editor.
4.) open any CSV file and click the “Start / Item Edit” menu and make sure “Use Start Row as Column Captions” is checked (makes reading the CSV files MUCH easier)

That should get you started. I’ll periodically check back and you can tell me how you’re doing :slight_smile:

SomeGuyInABikini, about to Pirate-Party-it-up