Just started playing 2, and overall I like it, a perfect sequel. Except for one thing, Political Capital. I know you can turn it off, but actually it’s not the idea of it I don’t like, it’s how it’s handled. That you start off with little and then build up more as support grows amongst society and ministers etc.
But shouldn’t this be the other way around?
All the everyday evidence would surely suggest that a government generally has it’s most political capital when they’ve just been elected and they’ve not yet had chance to do anything the public or rivals can complain about, it’s widely assumed that the first 100 days of a U.S. presidency is by far the most productive.
So it would be wicked if we could have a mod or addon or something which meant you started with a certain higher amount of political capital, perhaps dependent on the mission which tapered down over time, and therefore you would have to put it to good use and generate your own political capital to use once “the honeymoon” was over.
For me it maybe 1% off the overall makeup of the game, but it colours how I see the other 99% of near perfect gaming.