Some loose thoughts

-State employees indifferent to nationalised industries? Surely the people subsumed into national industries affects both membership and happiness of state employees.
-The legalisation of gambling emboldens organised crime, but the legalisation of prostitution hurts them? What’s going on there? (I know this is how it’s been since 3, but I don’t get it.)
-Carbon capture is a decently expensive, relatively advanced policy that doesn’t feel like it does enough. Perhaps it could affect global temperature and foreign relations?
-Luddite riots only begins triggering after you pass robotics research grants, rather than just with high automation and unemployment
-Germany didn’t seem to have access to the inflation policies helicopter money or quantitative easing?

-The legalisation of gambling emboldens organised crime, but the legalisation of prostitution hurts them? What’s going on there? (I know this is how it’s been since 3, but I don’t get it.)

I think legalization should reduce organized crime and this should be constant. Also it should be weighted by the degree to which the law is enforced. For example, strongly enforced alcohol legislation should encourage organized crime but less enforced should discourage it.

The following policies if enforced above 50% should encourage organized crime, if below 50% discourage it:

Alcohol laws
alcohol taxes
smoking taxes
prostitution
drug legislation
drug taxes
gambling

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. Also a fixed policy reflecting smoking laws would be great now that it’s linked to respiratory disease.

there is a dilemma that institutes an indoor smoking ban. It is helpful to get smoking down. I only had it trigger once. Maybe it could hard trigger early or make it a policy?

1 Like