Sounds

I recently got the beta of the game, yesterday, after playing it for several hours I have found only one thing that I dislike about this game majorly. I find the sound track dull, I know I could just put on my own music but that’s not what is missing. What I think is missing is communications chatter from ships, this may have been mentioned before but I searched the forum and couldn’t find anything. I think it would be good if when you selected a ship from your fleet you received comm chatter from it such as damage reports, pilots instructions etc. This could be optional or not, I don’t know. I just thought this was a key part of the feel of space battles from films which from what I’ve gathered is a major draw of this game.

Yeah this has been mentioned before I believe.

But anyway, the problem with this is that it’s just 1 man creating this game, and there’s a very large variety of ships and then you’d need lots of responses for each ship, and then you’d need multiple voices so not all ships sound the same, which are all making this problematic I believe. he can’t do it on his own, and hiring voice actors for it would most likely be too expensive.

What I could imagine though would be for Cliff to implement functionality for this but not actually recording the responses, so then the community could create sound files and mod them in.
Obviously the quality of that is questionable, but there’s bound to be some people with suitable voices and good microphones around.

Ok thanks for the information.