[Suggestion] Drug Delivery Mechanisms

…By which I mean, the method in which it is introduced into the patients body, not the method it is uses to get to the patients house :slight_smile:

We presently have pills, sachets, syringes and creams. This post is a two parter.

Part one - you do what with it, now?

Not all cure effects should work with all methods of delivery - One thing that doesn’t really sit well with me is that you can package up any combination of effects in any way. OK, I have a headache, it makes sense that I would take a pill, or if its a cold remedy - a sachet with some other cures. Maybe if it really doesn’t go away, I’ll go to the doctor and he’ll give me an injection. What I haven’t heard too much about is applying a topical cream to cure it. Some cures should simply not be possible in certain forms, or suffer penalties (or attract bonusses) to their effectiveness / saleability(value).

People won’t pay top prices for a pill that has multiple effects when they only have one illness - I made a production line that ended up with an anti-malarial pill that also cured your gout. Indeed a medical breakthrough, but this should be a mix which whilst viable, incurs a penalty. I’d expect people would LOVE to buy a mutli-treatment for coughs and colds, or other related illnesses - but when cures are completely unrelated, not so much. It would be nice to see some intelligence into what the consumer demands from a medicine, rather than anything goes.

Part two - increasing the options

I’m fairly sure this would be something that could be modded in, however afaik, its currently not possible to mod in new graphics/animations which limits the attraction of doing so. So this is a call for either the ability to introduce new artwork, or official support for more delivery methods, such as:

• Pill press - should be modified to only allow treatments that are in solid form.
  • Syringe - should require treatments to be liquified before they can be packaged up.
  • Sachet - should require treatments to be solid before they can be packaged up.
  • Cream - should require a ‘base’ into which the active ingredients can be added, different bases might provide different bonusses, ie, cosmetic bases, muscle rubs, etc. Production of bases could involve new lines, or perhaps they could just be imported.
  • Bottling machine - you can only pass in treatment in liquid form - and you end up with a bottle of medicine which the user is intended to take orally, or used as a spray (upgrade?) More effective with certain cure families - ie, sore throat. Increases the effectiveness of both positive and negative effects compared to pills.
  • Nebulizer - you can only pass in treatment in liquid form - and you end up with a gas/vapour that can either be inhaled or used in high pressure sprays.
  • Suppository - you can pass in treatment in solid form - you end up with a large pill which is er… inserted, and has a local effect, great for things like sexual health or bowel/gastro type treatments.

As you can see, I’ve made a requirement to distinguish between solid and liquid drugs, this would require transformation machines to liquefy or saturate ingredients, these effects could be standalone or built into existing things; ie, evaporators might tend to provide a solid ingredient because they’re removing moisture. Or you might use a furnace to bake them.

/me Reads part one: Runs to the store to by Male Contraceptive Cream o.O

/me Reads part two: Shudders at the thought of Male Contraceptive Suppository O_O