Suggestion: Fishing Policy

Now this may seem odd but considering the huge issue fishing has become with the Brexit negotiations, clearly important for many nations in terms of symbolism “taking back waters” and sovereignty, even if I personally don’t take much notice of it with fishing a small portion of the economy and not something that really excites me, they are clearly reasons to add a fishing policy about fishing quotas.
Overfishing clearly causes problems, with fishing needing to be sustainable to be profitable but of a great enough volume to compete and stay a float so to speak but environmentalists will criticise damage to oceans and marine biology, perhaps even hurting water supply with pollution.
Thanks have really enjoyed playing the game so far played the last game for many hours I’ll play this game for even more than that!
TL:DR - Fishing Policy/Quotas sovereignty issue for patriots, livelihood for fishermen (farmers in game?) and marina protection for environmentalists.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Perhaps also Foreign Relations could decrease the more strictly environmentalist your fishing policy is? That would tie in with what’s going on with the Brexit debate at least!

1 Like

Yeah that would make sense, good idea. Especially if you maybe violate territorial waters, exceed quotas or hurt fishing of other countries.
Also this would be an example right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_Wars
maybe could be added as a situation?

Good idea

1 Like

Extremely true. Also, there should be a policy for international unionisation to begin with.

1 Like

Yup this is a good idea. we should definitely have fishing and the fishing industry included in some sense, maybe as policies, or situations / events.

1 Like

Thanks for being so receptive to the idea! Your very open discussion with fans is very refreshing so wish you success with the game.
Really enjoying the game so far. Just so happened to do fishing policy in politics class which mentioned Factortame case in which UK law ruled lesser than EU law and thus UK had to follow Common FIsheries Policy.