[Suggestion] More Zoom

Simple suggestion: I want to be able to zoom out and see the entire battle at once. Also, zoom should take you to your cursor rather than the middle of the screen. This sort of thing was done really well in supreme commander.

I wanted to suggest a higher level of zooming out myself. If you want to keep the current zoomed out distance as a default zoom level, you can put a “hitch”, or slight pause, in the zooming in and out when that point is hit.

If you’re worried about performance, you could add an option to the options menu regarding the level of detail at wide camera zooms.

I’d like to be able to tell the game that I’m using a 16:10 (1920x1200) monitor and have it adjust the game for a wider screen view. I’m not worried about performance really, my system can run Crysis on high.

My game won’t even start when my HDTV is the main monitor (1366x768). Would love to watch it in native resolution on my TV, that would be incredibly gratuitous.

I would also like to be able to zoom out to full. Having to scroll around the battlefield to see all of the action isn’t all that gratuitous. :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I can tell, the game could support any resolution (well, anything above 1024x768 – less in either direction will cause things to overlap and generally misbehave). You can manually change the resolution by editing “My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\prefs.ini” and change the height and width values.

Doesn’t GSB let you pick whatever resolutions your monitor supports? If not, that should probably be fixed (does DirectX have a function to get available resolutions?).