The New Fleet HQ Screen

For your enjoyment/criticism… :smiley: (Not 100% finished yet) The module description is definitely placeholder rubbish…

i have but one thing to say, FILTERS

maybe if your vinila its not that bad, but my flet hq takes like a minute to load so…

I see a research bar will that determine what modules/ships/race/components? also components that’s a new one is this just a way of getting more customization options or is it something much more interesting?

Yup components is just visual elements for ship designs. The majority start off unlocked.
Bit worried you say your fleet HQ takes ages to load for GSB1, I shall make sure to optimize this screen so that is not the case, I can generally get stuff loading super fast these days :smiley:
Research is basically the new name for the unlocks tab, you spend you honor points on ‘researching’ (ie: unlocking) the new hulls, modules, races and components…

Quick Question Cliff,

In GSB 1 there was an issue where if a mod had a turret name that did not map in the Federation the game will crash.
(The Modding community managed to solve a work around and the world continued to be good)

In GSB II Fleet HQ Screen. how are the turrets mapped ?

• Will they use the turrets icons from one particular Race
  • If a turret is Race Unique, will it use the icon from that turret set

I agree with darkstar what will the display be for common/unique equipment? also have you considered selective equipment that most but not all races can use? essentially it would be a piece of equipment where two or more races use it because of similarities but it isn’t used by all like common gear. also I am so hyped for this game. I have been learning how to program and basic computer sprite work and GSB2 looks like the best game to practice modding skills for future game programming. love everything you are doing here and am awestruck that you are doing this alone. :slight_smile:

cliffski its only because i have so many mods. some speedup would still be nice