The 🇪🇸 Spain feedback and balance thread!

SPAIN! Is in the game! I am keen to hear peoples thoughts, especially if you are from Spain and can see where we have gone wrong!

We will be adding some Spanish-specific dilemmas at some point, but apart from that, I’m looking for feedback on places where any of the policy settings or values seem wildly off, or any really mainstream policies are missing,

Obviously remember its a game that has to be balanced for fun, so we may have used some artistic license in a few places.

We can have country-specific overrides of any effect in the game, so I’m open to feedback and suggestions.

2 Likes

I have said it in another post, but let me copy that here.

1.-Common taxes seem acurate enough except for capital gains tax, that seems too low. Also it should start with health food subsidies reflecting that the sales tax aplied to fruit and vegetables is 4%, and maybe a small tax credit on both education and healthcare reflecting that sales tax doesn’t aply to those terms.
2.-Tobaco tax seems to low, taking in acount that the real tax for cigarettes is around 50% and for bulk tobaco 41%.
3.-Spain doesn’t have a tax on crypto, the only thing that does about crypto is imposing the same taxes as on euros.
4.-Spain has a wealth tax, that goes up to a 2,5%
5.-In Spain you can choose to give 0,7% of your income tax to the catholic church, so maybe it should have religous tax.
6.-I don’t see why Spain shouldn’t start with Compulsory Foreing Language Classes, taking in acount that students study English since they enter the school and in high school they can learn another languages like Portuguese, French or German.
7.-Mandatory Microgeneration is a thing in Spain, if you are planning a new building you have to suply almost all your warm water needs through solar.
8.-In one of the state channels there is a religious broadcast called “El Día del Señor” and the catholic church has one private channel called 13TV, so maybe it should start with religious broatcast.
9.-Maybe it should start with a small amount of school vouchers reflecting the 15% of schools that are non religious charter schools.
10.-Hunting restrictions seem low, here you have to get a license in order to go hunting and you can do it only in certain seasons.
11.-Maternity leave also seems low, it is of full pay for 16 weeks for both parents.
12.-Subsidies on unions are a thing at maybe the policy should be implemented low.
13.-Although sex work isn’t technically illegal it isn’t legalize either.
14.-Although it is legal to grow small amounts of cannabis for yourself I think it shouldn’t be set to fully legallized.
15.-It has been aproved very recent, but now there is right to die in Spain.
16.-We have a state run high-speed rail.
17.-It may be too little to implement, but Spain has a physilical wall in the border with Morocco.

Those are the things that I see that maybe need a little change.
And for the last thing let me ask sorry for my English if is seems a bit bad.

3 Likes

For dilemas and events it could be something about bullfighting, something about independentist movements in Spain, about the last remains of the fight against ETA and GRAPO: the normalization on torture in that years ( a recent study suggest that over 4000 people were tortured in Basque Coutry since 1960, even Grande-Marlaska, Law&Order minister, has been condemned 7 times for not investigating tortures) and the abuse of the policy of sending terrorist suspects away from their homes and familiy.

2 Likes

wow this is super helpful, many thanks!

9- I wouldn’t put vouchers, because this is for people, to spend directly in costs related to private education or homeschooling, not for the school companies. So, it would be better to create a policy like private school subsidies and private hospital subsidies…
14- It’s legal to consume and to own cannabis in small quantities and in private, not to sell,… so not very understandable, but that is what there is currently in effect.

More:

There is a minimum vital income policy. There is a quantity that vary depending on how many relatives you have, and if you do not achieve that income, if you are a legal resident and have paid taxes for at least a year, you receive what it is lacking to that quantity.

I posted a thread about that and the difference between this and the Universal Basic Income.

I also have to add that the icon does not include Canary Islands, which are as big as Hawaii more or less.

2 Likes