THE TRIBE (Expansion pack)

yes…and thanks for trying to help.

But i just bought the steam version and it works now. I liked the base game enough to pay for the xpansion twice.

Hiya! Just registered so I could tell ya thanks for a great game. I bought it through Steam but bought Tribes directly from your website (which installed without problem). I haven’t finished playing through the included scenarios yet so I felt like I was cheating when I beat the first 2-3 with a pair of Tribe cruisers and earned like 8k honor (on easy). Hah!

Anyways, thanks for a great game and keep up the good work!

Love the Tribe. I’m not convinced that their kinetic weapons are particularly useful (it’s kind of hard to see what damage they do since their shots are so tiny so I accept that I could be wrong) as a laser-based cruiser and a missile cruiser both seemed to be more effective, and it was a similar case with frigates.

However Fighter/Carrier combos are incredibly powerful and great fun to use, and having frigates that can actually last for more than a few seconds against a carrier allows for some interesting formations.

So, basically, I love the expansion, it’s incredibly cheap and the Tribe are great fun to use, but I’m not convinced that the kinetic weapons are all that useful.

I’m eager to see what you come up with next, if every expansion race is as interesting to play with as the Tribe I’ll definitely be buying every expansion pack that comes out.

I can appreciate that, and I think you made a good choice. Speaking as a person who kind of likes unlocking things though (I like having a goal I guess), might I suggest for any similar expansions maybe 1 hull and 2-3 modules to be unlocked, just for those of us who want to use the honor we get in the additional missions? Just a thought.

Just as a note: With the Tribe, I have spent almost $30 on GSB, which is awesome considering that I got more than $30 of enjoyment from the two days I spent messing around with the demo. Keep the hits coming, Cliff!

You’re not evil for making an expansion pack not free. You’re evil for making an expansion pack full of hippies not free. I’m sure the Tribe would … I don’t know, what’s the pacifist hippie equivalent of a slap upside the head? :wink:

I have to agree that the entry fee was intimidating for a game with uncertain replay value. The exchange rate to Australian Dollars (which are worth less than US ones but (I think) are about equivalent in terms of what they’ll buy in each country, so you could almost look at these like US dollars) made it $35.55. This is a lot for what, at first glance, looks like a 2D time waster (a better look, especially at the challenge system, will show it’s more than that).

totally love the tribe thanks a lot