Tweaks to existing data

One thing I’ve been thinking of recently,
It seems that we need to have state schools, and spend money on different policies. I’m just wondering if the people are doing well, why do I have to spend so much on healthcare??

I don’t understand why the people wouldn’t pick up part of the bill…

Trevor

In the game, liberals favor social freedom and capitalists favor economic freedom. A voter who is both a liberal and a capitalist, then, is equivalent to a real-life libertarian.

A subject of much contention. This is basically a “he said, she said” issue in politics; anti-gun people taut a reduction in crime for their policies, but so do pro-gun people. Seeing as it’s a contentious issue, we should stick to the science. So I would say, do you have a scientific study that supports your claim that reducing gun restrictions reduces crime?

In the game, military spending includes spending money on counter-terrorism. Whether military intervenes in foreign countries is not simulated by your spending; that is what decisions are for. Ideally, high levels of military spending should trigger decisions that allow the player to make use of their military; the safest country would then be one that has a strong military which isn’t used to antagonize others.

Do you have evidence that everyone is made unhappy by military spending? Specific actions of the military might displease people, but I think things like restrictions on freedom are represented more by people being upset with too much investment in intelligence agencies. I think a better simulation is that patriots love military spending, while everyone is made unhappy if there is a lot of deficit spending. High military spending can then be a factor in creating unhappiness, but would not in itself be a source of unhappiness.

Why would welfare fraud reduce overall worker productivity in the economy? Surely this is better represented by a policy which both makes money and costs money, with the costs exceeding the revenue if welfare fraud is at a low level and investment in the policy is high?