1.21 Weapon problems

• The changed frigate radiation weapon does not appear to have any effect. On impact, you see the shield ‘absorption’ graphic, even if the target’s shields/armor are completely down. I’m not seeing any popup text describing what is going on. Nuclear missiles are doing the same thing.

• The ECM missiles still do not appear to have an effect. I’m on rare occasion hearing the noise (which does not stop looping on my end) and voiceover stating that it has taken place, but never the obvious effect the beam has. ECM beams also do not show stats (shots fired, shots hit…)

• FLAK appears to do indiscriminate damage to everything but the impact target. A frigate getting hit by it will take no damage but produce nasty shield ignoring blasts that gut ships around it, friendly or hostile.

Thanks for reporting this, I’m investigating it now. It looks like some of the logic is wrong here and some visual effects trigger when they should not, but the radiation damage is being done. I probably need a better system of visual feedback for that because right now it is not at all well presented :frowning:

• This was just bad data :frowning: I’ve fixed it for the next patch. I’ll also try to improve the stats reporting for ecm.

Yup, this is fixed now (next patch). The target ship takes full damage now and surrounding ship damage is scaled correctly now too.