A couple of bugs to report:

When selecting this electioneering option…

…with a starting Compassionate score of +16%…

…a success will reduce the score from +16% to +10%…

…while a failure will reduce it to -32%!

I’m assuming this isn’t the intended behaviour.

Also, a visual/slightly functional bug in the Disposable Income screen - when one column contains too many voters, the UI does not scale and some voter dots will be rendered inaccessible (can neither see nor select them) unless selected (using basically guesswork) in the other income screen:

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing all this out! :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Is the bug regarding compassion something you can reproduce? or have a save game that illustrates it? I have not seen anybody else report a problem with that spin event, so I am wondering how it could happen. Obviously I would love to be able to reproduce it and thus fix it :smiley:

The Disposable income display bug was recently fixed.

3 Likes

Yep, attempting to share save via WeTransfer:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m looking at this now. I suspect I know the cause. I think that the game has some impacts building up on that perception that will change a lot in the next turn, but when we trigger this action, it calculates them early, so they either multiply or cancel out the effect.
I THINK that is it, i’m checking now… (if it is, its easy to fix).

4 Likes

Yup, I think that was it. It was a complex thing to fix actually, because of this decision made previously that we would show you the immediately changed effect on a perception. Normally the game does not do this, and any changes are things that will lead to a re-calculation next turn, but in this case i’ve hacked in a special exemption that shows the projected value for next turn, but ignoring any other changes…

it also led me to find a few other small display bugs which I’ve fixed.

4 Likes

Wow, sounds tricky! Thanks Cliff, keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

3 Likes