A few more activities - And need help

((I’m very sorry if the coding ends up being in a weird format! I’m having a massive battle with the chat window over it… Also, I’ve editted to help get rid of some of those errors, as well as some I noticed while playing.))

[color=darkred]PRESENT EDIT: Instead of reposting over and over, I’m simply going to edit this main post with corrections/additional information. Here are the corrections/new information this time:

I ran the game through for about 7 or 8 years. I found that the free activities didn’t cause much of a difference social-wise, and in fact had trouble with extra money/socializing when I was first trying to branch into my chef’s carreer. Later on, once in a high-paying job, the free activities may seem redundant, but by then I was making enough money that I could go to the theater every day, so it really didn’t make that much of a difference.

However, I found it rediculously easy to have my happiness maxed out. Because of this, I’ve editted the happiness mod for each activity to something that should be more realistic.

Lastly, I editted the “card game” activity with the helpful suggestions that were given. It’s still not working on my version, so I’m not sure if it’s just my own being fussy or if there is still a problem with the code.

Solo Activities:

#,yoga,Yoga,“Twist into strange positions and keep fit while doing it!”,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,“fitness,0.02,0.3”,“weight,-0.02,0.97”,“happiness,0.02,0.2”,“tiredness,-0.20,0.50”,“health,0.03,0.9”,“stress,-0.2,_STRESS_DEGRADE”,#,

#,lightstdy,Light Studies,“Relax and do some light studying, keep that mind sharp!”,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,“boredom,-0.2,0.25”,“iq_problemsolving,0.25,_PROBLEM_DEGRADE”,#,

#,library,Trip to the Library,“Take a nice walk, learn more, and take another nice walk! Who could ask for more?”,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,“boredom,-0.20,0.25”,“iq_knowledge,0.20,_IQ_DEGRADE”,“fitness,0.2,0.4”,#,"_energy,0.4",

#,nicewalk,Go Walking,“Take a stroll around, recharge your batteries and enjoy the outdoors.”,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,“boredom,-0.2,0.25”,“happiness,0.05,0.2”,“fitness,0.2,0.4”,#,"_energy,0.4",

Here are Social Activities:

#,GAME,soccer,Soccer,Head to the park and kick the ball around.,game,data/sounds/jogging.ogg,"_random,0.5,weather_snow,-2.0,weather_sun,0.5,weather_rain,-0.5",Wanna play soccer in the park?,0,0,3,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“sports,0.5”,“conversation,0.5”,#,“stress,-0.1,0.2”,“fitness,0.05,0.5”,“tiredness,0.1,0.5”,“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,“glob_outdoors,1.0,0”,#,“fitness,0.1”,"_energy,0.52",#,

#,NORMAL,jog,Group Jog,Head out for a quick run with some friends.,game,data/sounds/jogging.ogg,"_random,0.5,weather_snow,-2.0,weather_sun,0.5,weather_rain,-0.5",Want to go for a run?,0,0,3,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“sports,0.5”,“conversation,0.5”,#,“stress,-0.1,0.2”,“fitness,0.05,0.5”,“tiredness,0.1,0.5”,“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,“glob_outdoors,1.0,0”,#,“fitness,0.1”,"_energy,0.52",#,

#,NORMAL,balder,Play Balderdash,A fun game of lying and wit!,game,SOCFLAG_HOMEBASED,"_random,1.0",Would you like to come over for a game?,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“games,0.6”,“conversation,0.2”,#,“tiredness,-0.1,0.5”,“iq_logic,0.07,_LOGIC_DEGRADE”,“iq_problemsolving,0.05,_PROBLEM_DEGRADE”,“boredom,-0.15,0.5”,“happiness,0.3”,#,"_energy,0.08",

Lastly, I have this mod here, that I’m not sure why it isn’t working. If anyone could give me pointers, that would be great!

#,GAME,rummy,Game of Cards,Invite everyone over for a night of fun!,game,SOCFLAG_HOMEBASED,"_random,1.0",“We’re going to play some card games. Want to come?”,0,20,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“cardgames,0.5”,“gambling,0.2”,“conversation,0.3”,“gossip,0.2”,#,“stress,-0.1,0.4”,“boredom,-0.45,0.5”,#,"_energy,0.08",

That’s what I do, too. I think it’s great that this game is simple enough that even people like us can make mods! It was really great of Cliff to make such an easily modifiable game.

I’d be careful with free stuff, if I were you; I think it unbalances the game.

Well, I’m by no means any kind of expert at this modding stuff, but I think that having a comma in the text string may be confusing the game. You can probably enclose that string in something (maybe quotation marks?) that lets the game know that the comma is part of the string and not a separator. But the easy thing is to rewrite the string so that a comma isn’t necessary, something like Want to join us for cards?

And thanks for the Balderdash activity; I like having games in the game; it seems sort of humorous to have game characters game, too.

Ok, so, I added this to my social events, since I’m a big football fan… Err soccer :wink:

#,GAME,soccer,Soccer,Head to the park and kick the ball around.,game,,data/sounds/jogging.ogg,"_random,0.5,weather_snow,-2.0,weather_sun,0.5,weather_rain,-0.5",Wanna play soccer in the park?,0,0,3,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,"sports,0.5","conversation,0.5",#,"stress,-0.1,0.2","fitness,0.05,0.5","tiredness,0.1,0.5","boredom,-0.25,0.5","glob_outdoors,1.0,0",#,"fitness,0.1","_energy,0.52",#,,,,,

It works fine, for the most part… The issue I have with it is this. Over in my skills, I have a skill called “nv_soccer”. I figured, easy enough to fix, just hit the “strings.ini” and add a line like so:

nv_soccer = "Soccer"

(I even tried it without the parenthesis)

Well, I still have the hateful nv_soccer skill. any ideas? I was also thinking expanding on his idea here and making it an interest. (Also hoping it would fix the skill) I added the following line to the interests.csv

#,soccer,Soccer,0.5,LOW,,sports

Still no help, it’s neither an interest and it didn’t fix the nv_soccer skill… Any help?

Eh? Maybe I’m playing it wrong, but I’m finding it pretty rare to have happiness that high anywhere near regularly, and high-paying jobs often add a crushing amount of stress which cripples happiness during the workweek.

I just tested your mod and it works fine here, make sure you put the nv_soccer bit in the right section of strings.ini, with all the other nv_ entries, and it should be fine.
It might be that you are loading a saved game with the soccer skill already set wrong?

Yeah, I figured out what had happened. The minute I started a new game it was working fine. The problem was in my save game file it had already saved the nv_soccer “tag” Thanks for looking into it though.

(Just a note: I also edited the actual event some on my side. As it was all anyone in my games would do was play soccer. I had to balance it out some. Haha!)

These activities cause the game to crash. I’m unsure why the solo one doesn’t work but it seems you didn’t finish the code for the social activity mention below and that’s why it’s not working.

I didn’t try the soccer and card activities but I’m not ready to mess around with nv_ files because they haven’t worked out for me with mods before and the card one seemed to have problems reported in earlier posts.

I’m determined to make this sort of stuff much easier, and less buggy to do with Kudos 2…