Beta 1.17 - How to further update beta version

I purchased the beta version of GSB2 a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded version 1.17 and I am trying to figure out how to update to the latest version, 1.19 I believe. I re-downloaded the program from the link I was given when I bought the software but that was the same version, 1.17.

I have looked at the various menus inside of the software to see if there was a “check for update” menu item but haven’t found it yet. I have registered the game for online play and have an online username in the hope that maybe then I would be asked to update but no luck. :slight_smile:

I have performed some searches on the forum and it appears that GSB2 should automatically check for an update. However that does not appear to be happening. I noticed the lack of updates a few days ago but wanted to wait in case GSB2 only checked for updates once a day (which is what I read on the forum) but now after three days, no update check appears to have occurred (and yes, the main game screen at the top still reads “Beta 1.17”).

Any ideas on how to update would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same problem. I discovered that the installer that I re-downloaded still says “1.17” while you’re installing it, but once it was installed, it was in fact 1.19. I also had to uninstall the game before running the new installer. Hopefully that helps you.

Thank you. This worked. Wen I went to reinstall previously, as you noted, the splash screen for the installer showed 1.17 so I didn’t bother to re-install. This time, I reinstalled and I am now at version 1.19.