[Bug] Ships Not Moving

The first ship design fails to move at all. The ship has a speed greater than zero

The second ship moves just fine

The only thing that changes is the use of the High Efficiency Engines. Was wondering if this was the issue, or something else entirely

[code][config]
name = angry turtle mk1
guiname = Angry Turtle mk1
hull = Federation Panther Cruiser hull
cost = 3019

[modules]
0 = cruiser heavy plasma,
1 = cruiser heavy plasma,
2 = cruiser heavy plasma,
3 = cruiser heavy plasma,
4 = cruiser_armour V,
5 = cruiser_armour V,
6 = cruiser power III,
7 = cruiser crew IV,
8 = cruiser_armour V,
9 = cruiser_engine IV,
10 = cruiser_engine IV,
11 = cruiser_armour V,
12 = cruiser_armour V,
13 = cruiser_nanorepair,
14 = cruiser_nanorepair,
[/code]

[code][config]
name = angry turtle mk2
guiname = Angry Turtle mk2
hull = Federation Panther Cruiser hull
cost = 2969

[modules]
0 = cruiser heavy plasma,
1 = cruiser heavy plasma,
2 = cruiser heavy plasma,
3 = cruiser heavy plasma,
4 = cruiser_armour V,
5 = cruiser_armour V,
6 = cruiser power III,
7 = cruiser crew IV,
8 = cruiser_armour V,
9 = cruiser_engine III,
10 = cruiser_engine III,
11 = cruiser_armour V,
12 = cruiser_armour V,
13 = cruiser_nanorepair,
14 = cruiser_nanorepair,[/code]

nevermind, it must be something else…hmmmmm

Has it been set to keep formation next to a ship that has moved within range and then stationary itself?
Most stationary ships have moved to within desired range and are waiting to engage the enemy

I tried to send some rabbit hulls by themselves with no other orders and they sill didn’t move, even though they had the jet flame coming out of them. I’ll investigate more tonight.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but a few times now I’ve had ships finish engaging an enemy or group of enemies and then stop moving, even when there are other enemies elsewhere on the map but out of range. I didn’t take a screenshot as I don’t know that it would illustrate the issue properly.

It seems to happen when I have created two divisions of ships, one at the top of the deployment area (Group A) and one at the bottom (Group B). If Group A atomizes its opponents with righteous fury before Group B has managed to dispatch all of its foes with gleeful abandon, Group A will sometimes just sit there, prematurely basking in the pride of a job well done even though there’s still work to be done.

If there’s data (log files, screenshots, what have you) I can provide to help figure this out, please let me know.

That happened to me too! I didn’t think much about it at the time, but now that you mention it; it is a bit weird.

Admiral Cliffski, Sir: I’ve reproduced it in the form of 2 challenges to myself, if you want to take a look at it.

If you grab the personal challenges “split fleet 1” and “standing-still fleet 1” to Brilliant Grapefruit from the server and let them loose at each other, you will see that the torpedo frigates in the upper part of “standing-still fleet 1” will remain where they are after disposing of the plasma frigate. In my test run, they hid up in the corner without firing until the last plasma frigate approached them.

Here is my case

What I did is downloaded four tank challenge. Quickly deployed my ships and without any tweaking of formations/orders (all on default) start the battle. After all fighters were destroyed my ships did not moved to next targets.

I think it might be because default ranges for cruisers were bigger then real ranges of mounted weapons (I’ll check and post it later), thus ships stay at ranges they were ordered but out of weapons range. I think this should be considered as a bug and ships should advance to at least maximum range (if not to optimal one).

Regards,
Maverick

Edit: Confirming that ships stopping because of ordered ranges (at least in my case). Here is a screen after changing to proper ranges.