I’ve seen repair modules repairing each other.
One thing that was a little frustrating, was that I got an impression they were more eager to repair camoflage modules, than repair modules. This may not actually be the case, but just be from the frustration when I saw this happening, and see Tribe ships getting destroyed because they lost their repair modules very early in an engagement. Is there a priority system for which modules to repair? If so, at the moment it’s a pretty whacky order (i.e. sometimes it repairs power plants and crew modules, when weapons are damaged, even though those currently have no use whatsoever once battle is joined.)
I’d suggest priorities something like this:
- Shield modules associated with shields that are still up
- Repair modules with supplies available
- Other defensive modules (i.e. camoflage, the missile scanner)
- Other offensive modules (i.e. targetting computer)
- Everything else (crew, power plants, etc.)
The key being those top four - first priority is to keep the ship alive, then for it to be able to fire back, then all the modules with less dramatic effects. It’s quite frustrating seeing a ship with lots of HP lose all it’s repair modules, while busily attempting to repair systems which won’t help it at all.