crashes

Hi bought the game today- first game i have played this year…caught my interest…

really like it -well done-except for fact that i have played for about 3 years of game time and now i get crashes evey 10 minutes or so (some more often some less…

i am running on dual cpu and dual core machine (overkill i know -but machine is working in background)- i had crashes straight from start- untill i set the game to have affinity to only one cpu core…

however now istill get crashes and my last 2 save games have been corrupted…

quick suggestion…have the game make multiple (say 9) incremental backups(autosaves) on each game turn/day…

anyway- nice game - just please patch it…(some more)…
regards
j

hmmm… have just rebooted machine ,game just crashes constantly now…hmmm…guess i’ll have to leave my - sociable, materialistic lawyer to it :wink:

oh well

ok- now installed version 1.8 patch

games now seems to only crash (so far) when ever the phone rings and i answer it…

do you have recent nvdia drivers? some users have had crash problems which are fixed by disabling the music under options. This isnt a Kudos issue, but a sound driver one. Apparently the same issue crashes urneal tournament hideously as well. Quite why video card drivers should interfere with audio ill never understand.

You have a reproduceable crash on answering the phone? That sounds very audio-related, as theres nothing special happening there except it playing a sound file.
If you get any error messages that seem to come from the game, (as opposed to windows ones) post them here or email them to me.
Thanks,