Deserters (MOD) 0.58 released!!

In the zip file you will find the following:
\Redeemer Cruiser\

• Redeemer_Cruiser.dds (included are the damage, hulk and reactor glows graphics)
  • Redeemer Cruiser.txt (which has been already configured)

\Turret and Effects\

• bullets.dds (this has to go into your Gratuitous Space Battles\data\bitmaps\fx\ so you can have the double bullets)
  • Redeemer Main Cannon.dds (copy this graphic and place with all your other turrets for your mod)
  • redeemer_main_cannon.txt (A starting point for the weapon itself \deserters\data\modules)
  • Redeemer_Main_Cannon_Icon.dds (this is an icon for the weapon, using this we can lock down the weapon without causing problems with the game - place in the following location \deserters\data\bitmaps\modules)
  • turret_dblast_green.dds & turret_dblast_red.dds (for the muzzle glow, in the bullets.dds there is a choice of red or green double bullets place in \deserters\unit\data\bitmaps\fx\ )

If you have any problems, let me know

thanks alot! will try it out immediately :smiley:

Once you have it working, post up a screenshot :slight_smile:

got it working :slight_smile:

[attachment=0]screenshot_21-11-2010_13-08-49.jpg[/attachment]

i hat to change a bunch of stuff to get it working, capital letters and such.

i increased the bullet speed to 20.
4 was just way to slow for me.

overal AWESOME work thanks !

yoda is happyface :smiley:

Yeah, i would expect that you would have to do some tweaking to get it working
I made some guesses in regards to naming conventions etc

Feel free to change anything and everything :slight_smile:

Hmm , u changed the original bullets.dds file?? i really dont like the need to modify original files… btw good job with the theme scheme, if u remove the black thin line around the sprites will be perfect!

I really do like the Order’s non-symmetric ships and their silly tractor-beam connections.
That said, you’ve mashed-up some pretty good looking ships.
Keep with it! I’d love to see a whole (or even a half) fleet.
If you would play with a color for them, it might be pretty cool.

yeah PLEASE dont modify stock files,it makes it impossible for me to use the mods i want in conjunction and messes up a lot of stuff :frowning:

but wow… seriously… i stop watching for few hours and you turn it all in a twist and spend 10 bottles of awesomesauce on it, great work :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand and agree about the need to avoid modifying stock files.
As i have demonstrated in the past, i have gone to great lengths to provide alternate solutions whenever i am modding.
However, this is the only way i could make Ponyus Double Barrel Cannon to work.

If you have a better suggestion, then let me know so i can use it :slight_smile:

that… or you can pester Cliff for this :stuck_out_tongue:
afterall,we have all been screaming for this kind of modding support for a few months

True, i have sent an email to Cliff requesting a solution to ths particular problem
It also has been mentioned several times around the forum. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5020&start=0

My guess is that there are more pressing issues Cliff has to deal with before he can get round to this one.
However, we are now somewhat off topic.

So back to the subject at hand.
Ponyus unless you have already done so, i am happy to tweak the graphics on the Redeemer, it sounds like my alpha channel is 1 pixel too large resulting in a black line.

i havnt tweaked it. so yeah fell free to do so.

i have been taking a sleep break, thats why i havnt posted for this long…

yesterday i was working with this almost 20 hours, with only like a 1 hour break. so i think i deserved my sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

now im gonna prioratise getting the ships ingame…

No worries, i will tackle it when i get home from work tonight.
Good idea to get your ships ingame, it helps you work out which class does not have enough or too many ships and which ships don’t seem to fit. (Please note, If the Redeemer does not fit, then it can always be changed.)

Another thing i forgot to ask . .
Do you want these files as a .dds or as a .png ??

.dds please :slight_smile:

i have never used a Mac and i never will…

im sort of a PC patriot :stuck_out_tongue:

Give this one a shot . . and let me know what you think

Just dont make a doulble barrel cannon. -.- All of us wanted to make those type of weapons, but we never did cuz its not a good idea to change the original files. If u change original files, u will encounter that the original race that uses that specific color will fire a double barrel cannon too. U really want that? or u want only a unique weapon for your new ships?

BWT Ponyus , u abandoned your first mod USSN??? i advise u, its a bad idea to work in 2 mods at the same time -.- and it worst to make a mod and just forgot it -.-

much better :slight_smile:

and i love the fact that you recolored the windows. i was going to ask you, but it was like you read my mind :slight_smile:

Crazy engineer SirJamon suddently gained +9000 to his creativity skill when seeing this thread and built something for it. (Right click for the full image)

Something like this happens when I start building some sort of station. I could fill it with engines to transform it into a battleship.

OMFG!!!
WHAT IS THAT MONSTER!?!?
No really, what is that? a “Supermegaultraincredibleunstopablehuge Cruiser”? Or something like a battlestation? Looks like a giant crab… wait, engines everywere, that is not a station, really, what is that thing?
Is not good, but at the same time is not horrible, is curious, weird, but, again, it has some great combinations…

I don’t know why my stations end up being crabs or spiders xD. At least it doesn’t have that shape xD

It could serve as a station. Or as a japanese robot in an anime lol. I think it needs some engines at the back to be a proper cruiser or capital ship. I may add them and code this thing as a cruiser to have some fun.

Btw, I tweaked a couple of parts I didn’t like at all (and I may change more, I need to find a good combination for the back central part).