How to install Mods?

So, I was reading through the mods and found Dreadnoughts. Looks like fun, so I went to GSB Official Website and download it. I get a zip file. What do I do now XD. I would prefer not to download a mod loader or whatever.

Welcome to the forums.

Given the recent events, the first question I need to ask is: are you trying to install the Classic Dreadnoughts mod into GSB 1, or into GSB 2?
Reason why I ask is that the mod you have downloaded was built specifically for GSB 1 and at this point is not compatible with GSB 2.

If you are trying to install the Classic Dreadnoughts mod that’s crafted only for GSB 1, then please have a look at the excellent Classic Dreadnoughts thread, which should answer your question.

Also, if you are downloading for GSB 1, take some time and revel in the story behind the ships - it is well worth the read :slight_smile:
(Even if your not - its still well worth the read)

I’ve been reading through the posts a lot. I’m trying to download it to my GSB 1, so I’ll have a look at the thread. thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT: I opened the Zip in WinRar and got 2 folders ("…", and “Classic Dreadnoughts 1.00”) plus an odd sheet thing that’s called “._Classic Dreadnoughts 1.00”. This does not agree with what the Dreadnoughts post said. Help!

you can ignore the ._Classic Dreadnoughts 1.00 file as they are a result of the rar file being created on a mac
you will find a few more like that.

Open the Classic Dreadnoughts 1.00 folder and the instructions should be clear

Okay. Thanks :smiley: