[Locked][Bug 1.13] Map Editor Crashes, Bugs and Problems

Hi, yup its pretty buggy right now but never fear…

The next patch will fix practically everything in mission editor. its still pretty ugly, and needs additional work, but a whole host of usability issues, and the potential to create unplayable maps was all fixed yesterday pending the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When 1.14 is out with the map editor fixes/improvements I will lock this thread and if bugs happen someone will have to create a new thread or so that new bugs that happen with 1.14 and beyond can be distinguished from earlier versions.

… Merged Threads together …

Awesome !

I started the game and chose “New Game”. I dragged a box over the floor-plan (I can’t give more detail because I don’t remember and the game won’t let me go back to this screen) and selected part of the factory floor plan. Then I clicked the back to the main menu button and the game crashed with an error:

http://imgur.com/a/yFtns

Unknown Building Zone Type \src\SIM_mission.cpp 269

on the main screen. On pressing ok, the game exits.

However on re-launching the game, the error persists when pressing New Game. I uninstalled and re-installed the game, and the error continues.

My main concern is which file should I delete in order to be able to actually load the game again.

Hi Dunbal,

the mission editor is very buggy atm so better do not use it.
To fix you problem just re-install the game.

And the good news is that there will be a lot of bugfixes to the editor within the next patch as mentioned here (1st point).

Have fun!

… Merged Threads together …

Understood. As I mentioned in my post - I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The problem persists on reinstall by just hitting “New Game” AND NOTHING ELSE.

Therefore some corrupt file/registry setting is persisting across uninstall/reinstall. THAT is the bug.

Ok, please excuse me, you are right: Better read the full message and beware the fingers from typing stupid comments.
And when thinking about this just an idea: Did you clear the ‘custom_missions’ folder?
It is located within the same folder like the savegames and debugs (\my games\productionline\custom_missions in Documents).

No I did not. That did the trick - thanks! Must have been a bad custom mission file.

As announced earlier I locked the thread with the release of 1.14. If new bugs or strange behavior shows up with the 1.14 Map editor please someone make a new thread.

It will make it easier to see which bugs have been fixed with 1.14 and which bugs still persist.

… Thread locked …