- Maxsimultaneous Missile / Rocket / Torpedo:
The ability to launch multiple rockets / missiles / torpedoes from one launcher, and have them all in flight before the first one strikes the target (much like the Parasites’ Plasma Slinger) has been requested a few times.
[size=125]--------- FULFILLED! Thanks [/size]
- Multi-Beam Beam Weapons
A turret that shoots multiple beams from one turret. Each beam follows a linear (or curved?) path to various random targets in range. (This “scatter-shot” method differs from salvo firing, as salvo only hits the same target repeatedly)
- Increase the maxsimultaneous Limits:
Let’s push the tactical boundaries and have much more plasma flying around the map, along with more than one missile in flight at a time from each launcher in order to cause true fear. Please raise the maxsimultaneous limit up from 4, to 6 at a time per plasma launcher. And add a brand-new maxsimultaneous limit of 8 at a time per missile / rocket / torpedo launcher.
[size=125]--------- MISSILE FEATURE FULFILLED! Thanks [/size]
- Target Restrictions for Weapons:
Player ability to add a line of code that makes a weapon physically unable to ever target certain ship class(es); for example, a pure anti-fighter cannon or a pure cruiser-buster.
- AoE for Missiles / Rockets /Torps:
Make the Area of Effect (“flak”) shockwave payload option available to rockets, missiles and torpedoes.
- More Payloads for Bullets, Beams, Plasma & Missiles (Shield Disruptor / Radiation / AOE / etc.)
Increase the variety of possible payloads to the various weapon families. Presently, they are too bottle-necked
by being Explosive or Decoy payload only.
- Weapon Bonus vs. Shield / Armor / Internals:
Similar to GTB, where a weapon can inflict different amounts of damage to the various components of a ship. This will help avoid much of the problematic nature of GSB’s armour stacking, as well as the well-intentioned but too-binary nature of GSB’s shield resistance mechanic.
- Chain Lightning:
Add a bit more zappiness to the Alliance’s Lightning Gun. This is great against fighters or frigates that swarm together - the damage jumps from ship to ship X number of times.
- Ammunition Limits:
Place a moddable set of default limits upon the available ammunition for all weapons which fire any kind of physical object (e.g., bombs/missiles/rockets). While such moddable limits will create more as well as better tactical options for ships, this feature is also especially badly-needed for fighters. This opens a whole new battlefield dynamic as well as increased variety of weapons.
In order to make Ammo Limits work, you also need two other new mechanics (Carrier Bay Weapons Reload and Specific Orders).
- Support Beam Variety:
To increase the combined-arms functionality of GSB 2, we could increase some other support beams for various functions.
- Shield Matrix Beam: Able to rebuild the Shield Matrix of any friendly ship within range
- Repair Armor Beam: This beam will repair the armour on any friendly ship within range (even if said armour module is destroyed)
- Repair Structural Integrity Beam: This beam will will repair the hitpoints on any friendly ship within range (even if the module being targeted is destroyed)
- Reload Beam: Should ammo limits be introduced, this beam will Reload Ammo-capable weapons
- Reclamator Beam: Need some more nanites to continue your repairs? This beam absorbs wreckage around the battlefield and converts it into usable repair resources
Second Time Lucky:
I have noticed that if a missiles misses, no matter how many times it turns to hit the ship again, it will always miss. Is it possible to give them a second chance to try hitting the target? We are paying for all that fuel, so I would prefer to get my money’s worth!
This weapon targets enemy shields and drains them of energy which is then transferred to your ship’s own shield. Any excess energy is lost and the weapon does no damage to hull or armour. Might be useful for frigates to survive a bit longer.
Various Drone Launchers:
Just like the Limpet Mine Launcher that the Order have, the Drone Launchers release multiple autonomous drones that will orbit the ship and provide support:
- Anti Missile: Drones that shoot at missiles by using a short-ranged Point Defense system
- Anti Fighter: Drones that shoot at enemy fighters by using a low-powered laser
- Assault Drone Launcher: Module has a limited supply of drones, but these drones actively pursue a target across the battlefield. Can be shot down with Point Defense.
The Drones die when their home ship goes boom, but they have the advantage of respawning from their home ship if shot down.
custom_missile = new_missile.dds => custom missile texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_plasma = new_plasma.dds => custom plasma texture, lwhich is animated. SIM_PlasmaLauncherModule only.
custom_limpet = new_limpet.dds => custom limpet texture, like custom bullet texture. SIM_LimpetLauncher.
custom_radiation = new_radiation.dds => custom radiation effect texture. Affects missile/bullet if playload is RADIATION.
custom_flare = new_flare.dds => custom flare texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_trail = new_trail.dds => custom trail texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
custom_splines = new_splines.dds => custom splines texture for missile/rocket. SIM_MissileModule only.
lightning_speed = 200 => how much time takes to switch between lightning texture frame in milliseconds. SIM_LightningGunModule only.
ecm_sound = new_zapper.ogg => sound for EMP gun, really needs one. SIM_ECMShockModule only.
cloak_sound = something_epic.ogg => sound of cloaking/decloaking of ship. SIM_CamoflageShieldModule only.