[( MegaMiniMod v2 (v2.02 released!) )]

What’s new in this mod?

• Additions to the avatars (I should work more on this though…)
  • New careers!
  • Modified music career, you can now be a vocalist. Plus music classes are added.
  • Fixed bugs (not gaining xp from job, skill degrading quickly, etc)
  • More social events to choose from
  • Some of the script were written for fresher gameplay

Download:
drive.google.com/folderview?id= … sp=sharing

Despite the fact that the Kudos 2 forums is basically dead, I know some of you out there still play and enjoy the game. I know I do. I would truly appreciate it if you report bugs and/or post suggestions and feedback. Thank you and I hope you like the mod!

Awesome!
I would love some additions for the female avatars :slight_smile:

I’m working on them. :slight_smile:

It’s actually a bit more tricky to do female avatars because the poses are quite complex. It’s a lot more work and my illustration skills are quite limited. And speaking of avatars, did anybody ever release avatar mods? Or ever made some? I’d be more than glad to add it to the mod.

If you can’t do the female avatars I understand.
I’m just so glad someone is still working on mods!I dabble, but nothing big. I know one thing I really want to work on is expanding the number of careers.

I would really love to expand the careers as well. It’s just that it’s a lot of work. Skills, classes, jobs, activities of similar interest. There are some careers (particularly the unconventional ones) that are impossible to make however, since the game’s only moddable to an extent. Like being self-employed or something like that. I’ve been thinking up workarounds for it. Like the possibility of owning a little business by using the items function, where I put an item in the store which earns you money everyday. I think it might work.

I reaaaaally would love to add more avatars but Jamie’s such a wonderful artist and I’m having a hard time to emulating his style. I’m hardly an artist, just a mere kid with some background on illustration.

If you’ve got ideas on what to implement next, I’ll be more than willing to try and code them! :slight_smile:

(I’m also releasing an alpha version of the mod in a bit. It’s probably buggy, but should give you an idea of what I’m working on.)

Cool! Can’t wait to try out the mod!

When I click your link, it tells me that I can’t access the file.

Sorry 'bout that. I’ll get it fixed in a bit, I just need package this newer version of the mod.

Snazzy :slight_smile: I’m glad someone else is taking up the MegaMiniMod mantle! I’m happy to host the files on my dropbox (or if you e-mail Cliffski I’m sure he’d be happy to host them too). I’ll see if I can find some time this weekend to give it a play test / once over.

Unfortunately it’s been too long and I can’t remember where I was at but I was working on the next version 2 years ago :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll see if I can grab your new stuff, incorporate my ‘latest’ updates and send it over for addition to your new version. I remember something about cow tipping, but that might be in my last release :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have any questions about how to mod stuff just let me know (probably send me a private message as I’m infrequently around these days).

SomeGuyInABikini, Pepsi, still his thang

About the hosting, I know I should probably get it on better hosting. I’ll work on it on the next update. I’ve actually tried emailing Cliffski already but he never replied so I don’t know about that. Aand send me those files, I’ll have them added. :slight_smile:

I haven’t worked on the mod for the past few days because of my exams but I’m back to working on them again.

Thank you for keeping this game alive. I have brought it for I-don’t-remember-how-long and just learned about these amazing mod (from both SomeGuyInABikini and you, nb88). And I really love it. You two are doing an amazing job and I’m really appreciated it. :slight_smile:

I just have some suggestions, if it is not include in your update plan already. I would love to have an art career, such as artist or painter, or something like that. It would be nice to add it as a solo activity, too.

Anyway, thank you again for your hard work. I’m looking forward to the next update you guys are going to make. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

I’m actually working on an art career. I just figured it should be more specific rather than just putting ‘artist’ or ‘painter’. So far, I’ve thought that you could be like a tattoo artist or maybe a comic artist or whatever. Then it could branch out to architecture. If you get like high enough art experience, you can get invited to gallery nights or something. Once I get a better organization of my ideas, I’d get down to modding it. :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m new to the forum, and I’ve been desperately trying to make these mods work on my Mac version of Kudos 2. Unless I can somehow get a copy of the Windows version, it seems that I’m out of luck. Has anyone figured out how to use the MegaMiniMod on a Mac, yet? Like I said, I’m basically desperate to try them!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi there. I don’t have a Mac and I have no idea how the mod framework works in Mac. I really wish I could have helped you but there’s nothing I can do. Have you tried browsing around the threads for a solution?

Yeah, I’ve looked around a LOT, but nothing successful, so far!

Unfortunately I also know nothing about Macs or how their file structures work and don’t have access to a Mac to test it. Good luck! :slight_smile:

SomeGuyInABikini, avoiding Macs like lactose intolerant people avoid milk

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this! I recently bought Kudos 2, and am loving it, only wish i had discovered it sooner!

Hi! My character was invited out to an Aussie restaurant and received this error:

ERROR

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to createStream] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 455

OK

Hi spiceXisXnice,

That error happens when you are missing the music file from the music folder. Go to “Kudos 2\data\sounds\music” and look for “ste.ogg”. If that file isn’t there you need to copy the Aussie music into that folder and make “ste.ogg”. If you can’t find the Aussie music you can put any music that is an “ogg” file into the music folder and rename it.

Hope that fixes it :slight_smile:

SomeGuyInABikini, playing SWTOR

First, this is a really awesome mod. BUT, I have a small problem whenever I try to shop and I get to like third page. It crashes it says something like, "couldn’t read asset_newspaper.dds or something like that. Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe I did something wrong?