[MOD] Homeworld2 Hiigaran mod [WIP early beta]

hihihihi, I want to see your face when I send you 12 more ships tomorrow xD

At first I will be like “Aw more ships for me to code”, then I’ll be like “YEA! MORE SHIPS TO CODE!”

Pretty nice story, then the hiigarans came from their galaxy to the galaxy of GSB trying to colonize some worlds? Awesome ^^

No go back and reread the first sentence, There hyperspace core shutdown on them and they appeared here. I am working on more of it. What Do you guys think of the fleet of ships I have there. The first picture is only 100, the second adds in 200 fighters for total of 300 :). This is a mission I have custom made for this storyline. Anyways off to get the plasma bomb launchers for the bomber finished.

ow, yeah my fail Px

On page one, first post the download link has been updated with the most up to date alpha release, version A0.02. Enjoy and please please post your thoughts here. ALSO This mod even in its early alpha stages IS COMPATIBLE with the online mission challenge system. So You can safely upload challenges to other people that have this mod, And noone can attempt the challenge unless they too have this mod. Unless Cliffski has worries about doing this I encourage people to send challenges to others that HAVE this mod. Heck send me a few of them with your best, or what you consider overpowered setups.

Enjoy.

Ok here it is aligned and much much better.

YES YES YES!!! I absolutely LOVE the background story, I unquestionably adore the way the new ships look like in game and I am eager to see more screens of the awesome weapons effects for the turrets. I don’t know how did you manage to make a triple beam but it looks perfect man xD
GJ Lonestar. Looks like most modmakers here have real writer’s tendencies, awesome.

Heh thanks, And for the background story, It was you that gave me the idea of the hyperspace core breakdown. I do hope I picked out some GREAT homeworld lore in the story too.

As for the Triple beam It was easier than I thought once I took in to reading how to make em. I added the third barrel from the single gun you give to me. And then edited a double beam file that I got from somewhere. Adding in the needed beams, Then adjusting the beam width to fit the turret, afterwards, adjust the turret in the turret mapping file to be more centered. All in all once i got how to make the beam It took me perhaps an hour to get it done from start of making the turret to finishing the alignment.

Disclaimer, unlike some peoples thought Captain Janeway is NOT from Star trek, When I played Homeworld one and cata My username was “Janeway”.

ALL TURRETS FIRE ! !

Lonestar, that really is a very impressive effect. Great implementation, bro! How many textures did you bless with this triple-beam upgrade?

How many textures did I bless with the triple beam? Oh do you mean how many different colors have I done? I just have the one, but I might make a blue, purple, orange, and green. I am hoping for the updated hull from Kal here soon as I want to get the older ships into the game at high quality :slight_smile: As with the Shipyard. I have a perfect plan for it. I am also thinking of remaking the triple gun on a much much LARGER turret mapping that way it can be EPIC sized.

Of the people that have downloaded the mod, I know there are some out there. Please tell me what you think of the mod. And to the 25 that downloaded the first one NOONE has commented except for a select few. I can not make improvements if I do not hear my errors, your complaints and whines.

Lonestar out. .

Good job on the triple beam. I always loved Captain Janeway, one of my favourites Star Trek captains :stuck_out_tongue: so strong character. I recently saw her again in “Warehouse 13” :p, not as well preserved as in “star trek” but is good to see her again -.-

I got more ships From Kal, And I found one I JUST had to put into the game right away.

I present to you, bum bum bum Mega-ma. . . er sorry Dreadnought of the Hiigara’s!

Sporting a total of EIGHT triple beam turrets with 4 per side, and an additional 4 smaller mounts, in this view they are anti-fighter beam turrets. One of the BIGGEST ships made from within the shipyard. Second in size after the Mothership class ships.

You’ve outdone yourself this time, Lonestar. I want that ship. It’s incredible.

Very nice. In fact, that gives me some ideas about big, round ships for … for what, I’m not telling. Yet.

Good work on the backstory as well. Looking forward to this one!

Heh thanks, I got it from Kal, I just did the hurried damage, and hull files, and coding for it. Anyways i just found out i have 2 days to make a flyer for my Anime club ans i forgot about a meeting today… I’m in trouble.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! Hi there Homeworld Complex Vortex Battlecruiser!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It is my favourite ship in all HW2 and its Mods!! A great offensive power combined with a really fast movement speed for a ship of that size, even better, combined with lovely evasive maneuvers, a real multiprupose network of weapons that gives to this ship the capability of combat against everything without needing of support and Nukes if the things becomes ugly, unique. [size=50](talking about the features of the hull IN Hw2 ;D)[/size]
My main strategy is to acumulate and fortify my fleet without constructing too many ships, when i reach the technological level and unlock the Vortex, i start constructing it frantically in massive quantities, making the most powerful fleet that i could make, they are so good that can dodge missiles, fight against entire fleets and even face swarms of fighters and bombers (deadly for a standard Battlecruiser).

Yeah, i’m a huge fan of this ship, the only thing that i would change of it is the dual command bridge that doesn’t haves almost a frontal part.

Are you going to add it to the mod with all of its features? I fear that it will be surely very OP for GSB…

About the hull that you have there, i suggest to remove the engine glow at the sides, those are not engines, they are the cooling systems xD

That dreadnaught looks dreadfully awesome. :smiley:

Ok I’ll remove the side drive thingy, I just thought it would look cool there, but then again it failed. I KNEW I had seen that ship before and I think that is what drove me into getting it into game quickly. As for its weapons, it only has the 12 weapons that I talked about. Four on each side, and four down the spine. This ship is very very bad ass, it by itself it can ALMOST beat the first REAL mission, with the testing I have done.

Graphical coolness aside, I find this to be cause for some concern.