[MOD] Independent Defense Force (WIP)

My explanation, [size=200]MAGIC![/size][size=50]or that each of these universes are made up of different types of molecules (eg. matter/antimatter) that negates each other when they make contact (preventing the merging/contamination you talked about).[/size]
[size=50]And, lets just pretend that the energy released when they collide is invisible and does not cause any instability of any sort coz of [/size][size=200]MAGIC![/size]

^You can tell that I like magic…

Hmm… that is even less logic, if each one of these sectors were made of different organizations of the matter and energy, an object, say a ship, crossing from one sector to another of that “worlds collide” universe would instantly leave the existense, i mean, completely desintegrated, destroyed.

My knowing of subatomic sciences and their rules is very limited, add that all the humanity still having an infinity of unanswered questions, but lets go back to my point:
Why this would happen?
The laws of physics, time and these things that mantain our universe, energy, matter and the atoms of our body exists and is exclusive to OUR “Organization of matter and energy” (or whatever is the real name). I mean, for us, an atom is composed by a core of neutrons and protons and have electrons orbiting BUT in theory, if we make a new big bang, nothing can guarantee to us that the organization of the matter will be the same, maybe new exotic particles will replace the protons, neutrons and atoms. If that happens, all the rules (actually 4: Gravitational, Magnetical, Strong Nuclear, Weak nuclear) that govern our universe may be different.
Imagine to you in a spaceship, crossing from your universe to another were the neutrons are orbiting the core of the atom, you will instantly… oh well, idk what would happen because i dont know the rules of that universe, but surely you and your ship will not live to describe what you felt…
Now imagine those two universes in contact, even better, imagine all of those (40?) sectors of the map, hehehe yeah, bye “worlds collide universe”.
I think that the unmanity will not ever see to someone trying to make a real simulation of a different organization of an atom or something like that because that atom would be subjet to other laws of the universe, and you cannot create new rules for that, right?
(Except for antimatter, yep, it has a different organization of the atom, but it exist in our universe because it subjected to the rules of our universe)

That would happen if that universe would be organized like Randy says, congrats Randy, you destroyed a multiverse =P
And nope, i do not believe on “Magic”, there is only logic for me =)

About how IDF get to GSB universe without die, i leave that to two main theories, or their in their reality they were lucky have an Abyss filled with several universes with the same Matter and Energy Organization, or they found the way to make reality something that i find impossible

Maybe think of it in terms of the most common medium in each of those universes, like so:

Normal: The kind of universe we know, where the vast majority of space is vacuum.
Plasmatic: Lots of energized nebular clouds.
Fluidic: Areas where space is filled with low-level matter that reacts like a thin liquid (not thick enough to change the parameters of space travel).

… Okay, those were the only ones that leapt into my head. I’m just riffing here, but maybe it’s something to think about, eh?

Oh yeah, but do not think too much, you have described 3 ideas based in the rules of our universe, the states of the matter are a feature of our universe organization. In theory, you just cannot imagine how can be constructed a universe with a different organization of the matter, because all you know and therefore all the ideas that you will say are based on things that are exclusive from our universe.
Nerdgasm

Interstellar Drives - very first generation of FTL (Faster Then Light) Drive technology. Even though it’s very first generation of IS-Drives just advanced, without “very”, minimization of IS-Drives is very advanced technology (don’t worry IDF past). Because some civilization, even with more advanced weapon, energy and armor technologies have been able to install IS-Drives only on capital ships with size of 1,000m+

Lambda Dimension Drive - lambda dimension is dimension with 3,4 metrics and very minimized scalar relativeness. It’s used to travel between planet, star systems and galaxies, much faster then original IS-Drive. While IS-Drive have exact speed like 2.5 ly/h, LD-Drives doesn’t have one. This distance traveled in Lambda Dimension equals to square of distance traveled in normal dimension, in formula (S)[size=85]normal[/size]=(S)[size=85]lambda[/size]², while traveling only 900 m in lambda dimension, you’ve already traveled 810 km in our universe.

Multiphase Drive - also it’s called Rift Drive, one of IDF’s greatest achievements. It has two modes, combat mode & travel mode. In combat mode Rift Drive allows do small jumps around target without creating inter-dimensional rifts between two coordinates, allowing ship to evade even most precise hits in instant. And in travel mode Rift Drive opens inter-dimensional rifts in two points, turning them in to same location in current time-space flow for some time. Ship travels these 100 meters through the rift, and viola, it’s on other side, traveled 1000’s light years in instant. Then both rifts are closed. Opening long-term rift in natural space can be dangerous for stability of universe. For long-term rifts existent system called Rift Gates, that allows opening long-term rifts without any danger. If rift isn’t used, after 300 seconds is automatically closed.

Storyline comes with time :slight_smile:

That’s why S.G. Stalker called “Worlds Collide” anomaly, very stable, but anomaly. Anomaly it’s something that go against physical laws and formulas, but still exists.

Well you know about M-Theory or M-Physics? It’s third generation of String Theory (second generation were called Superstring Theory). In two words, M-Theory with it’s 11 dimensions relatively “allows” for something like this to exist because it’s cannot be rejected nor accepted. Letter “M” in both words sounds really promising :slight_smile:

That why it’s called “Worlds Collide” and not mixed worlds. Because they are not mixed. They are just collided and their collision process stopped, leaving this awesome looks :slight_smile:

Wait a little, no race (except Uni-T) knows, that IDF now in their universe :slight_smile:

First of all, before you will try to go deeper in to Abyss and how it works. Collided universes have almost same laws, maybe orbiting distance of electrons, or range between neutrons and protons are different, but that’s all. But that is true, if laws of the another universe that is about to collide are opposite, boom (actually annihilation or singular collapse - depends on laws) is happened and both universes are stopped to exist. But Worlds Collide only have universes with compatible laws. So nope they won’t be destroyed.

Well, we know only 4 rules out of all rules that really do exist :slight_smile:

Well it’s hard question. All depends on technological progress. Maybe your race have special alloys, that nullify all universe’s laws influence from outside, while keeping your standard environment from inside. Possibilities are endless…

It’s 60+ sectors :slight_smile:
And little about how Worlds Collide is created.
When universe is in state of destruction, in other words under influence of Abyss, because it’s shell were broken. If there is other universe with same trouble, both “damaged” universes begin to “moving” one toward another in order to close one to another these “cracks”. Same goes for more then 2 universes, if there is 3/4/7/20 “damaged” universes, they all begin to move towards the “Simultaneous Collision Point”. If in this pack of “damaged” universes there is no universe with opposite or incompatible laws, we getting brand new world collision, if not - shame, abyss got another victory over sentient life forms. In 95% of all cases, there is universe with opposite laws… Remember why S.G. Stalker was so fascinated? That’s the reason…

What we will see in future is unknown… Until we will be immortal to see it to the end…

He didn’t destroyed it, he told truth about collision of two universes if their laws are opposite or incompatible.

1. IDF aren’t stupid, they search possible universes with compatible laws.
  2. Opening Nexus Tunnel between universes with opposite laws aren’t dangerous. Nexus Tunnel have it’s own Absolute Compatibility Law.
  3. IDF have technologies, that allows them freely exist even in universe with completely opposite or impossible laws.

I got a list of them somewhere on my PC, that I’ve written about 2 years ago… When I will find it, I will write all here :slight_smile:

Ah, and don’t forget about last topic on the third page :slight_smile:

Ohhh… understanded, then IDF is even more advanced than i thought…

And extremely expensive :slight_smile:

I’v been wondering how you got custom fighter engine contrails- are they apart of the ship sprite?

They are not contrails - they are afterburners !
(in other words engine glows)

engineglows with custom FX :slight_smile:
It came in to my head with words “Hell, why not” :slight_smile:
Well… Like all other ideas :slight_smile:

Right- no wonder I couldn’t get a custom contrail.

I put all stories and explanation in first post and sorted everything :slight_smile:

Ships Sizes Classification (From My Perspective):
Drone… 5~10m
Fighter… 10~15m
Bomber… 15~20m
Gunship… 20~30m
Corvette… 30~60m
Frigate… 60~120m
Destroyer… 120~180m
Cruiser… 180~260m
Battlecruiser… 260~380m
Battleship… 380~620m
Carrier… 620~1200m
Dreadnought… 800~1400m
Mothership… 2~5km
Titan… 8~16km
Flagship… 80~135km
Worldship… 12000~45000km

Bigger only Ringworld and Sphereworld… But they are static and only way of movement for them is Rifting Translocation… same as for all static objects…

Dammit i hate being late to the party :(, those ships look nice i like the idea of a race that goes through these rift’s to explore other universes possibly because theve already checked theres out, the Uni-T are everywhere arnt they?! xD I really liked well EVERYTHING sorry if i missed anything im catching up on this topic :slight_smile:

IDF… like railguns… because they have high precision, accurate and… penetrate EVERYTHING :slight_smile:

First Teaser:

Frigate Modules :wink: Think about what is what :slight_smile:

Second Teaser:
IDF Frigate have cost bonus -65%. It is equipped with IDF modules and original GSB weapon, and already have cost ~2400.
IDF Destroyer have cost bonus - 55%. It is equipped with IDF modules and original GSB weapon, and already have cost ~4800.
Squadron of IDF Fighters will cost you something like ~1400.
Squadron of IDF Bombers will cost you something like ~3300.
Squadron of IDF Gunships will cost you something like ~8000.
All Fighters, Bombers and Gunships equipped with IDF modules and original GSB weapon.
Don’t think about cost, when IDF ships will equip IDF weapons, it’s unhealthy :slight_smile:

Third Teaser:
No Info provided :wink: Guess it :wink:

Hmm, I’d definitely like to see the throw-weight of these ships. A well-balanced Solarian light cruiser is nearly 11K, and a well-equiped superdreadnought is 75K.

looks at first teaser
Wow, awesome! I love how looks the EVE modules in GSB =D
looks at second teaser
Wow, now i understand what you was trying to say with expensive stuff xD