[MOD] Praetorian Industries v1.2b

Thanks, glad you liked it so much ^^

yep, but i managed to make 13 ship classes =D

maybe cuz it was an ë, Aeëtes, but since that caracter is not compatible with GSB i hanged it, but maybe i forgot some…

If it is possible can you send me the details on the Parasites modules/stuff you are using? I think that I why I can’t get it running. I will set up a faux Parasites race and insert faux modules as place holders to see if I can get it running:)

Sorry I am moving slow, I am also working on the B5 mod, recoded several modules/weapons last night into a standardized format. Added damage textures, coded them, running lights, now have to work on hulks and explosions.

Only the vainilla module codes? If so i will send them to you as fast as i get in my modding station, i’m not in home right now ^^

And np about how much time it takes, archieving a mac version is the main objetive ^^

Finished it ALL including all difficulties, the second part was harder xD but on mass swarm rush with emps works quite well against leviathans that have NO EMP SHIELDING D: I managed to subdue a leviathan with a frigate! I’m thinking that you perhaps forgot to put EMP shields on them. Also a little thing I have noticed is that after defeating enough enemies to get the enemy percentage down to below 10% some of the stations are still alive and haven’t been touched through the whole battle and get ignored, I’m not sure if that’s meant to happen but it kind of cuts of the final charge to destroy the space station at the end of the battle :(. I love the sounds btw :smiley:

Oh noes! The EMP Shields!! [size=85]****************!!![/size]

Then it was easy anyways? i might reduce the deployment buckets, also this may help with the issue below…

Noticed that the last week… i’ve never take in count the min enemy percentage that ends the battle, i completely forgot about that D:
I will try to fix that for v1.1… the best solution (and easier one that i can see is to add to the stations more HP… if not i have to modify every deployment…
[size=85][censored]**** ****! ******************!![/censored] [/size]

Thanks ^^

Hey guys, i hope (and i’m wondering if) you noticed the “Commercial Versions” of PI Modules that have ALL Core Races and DLC Races!

Hello I just wanted to thank everyone for all the hard work they put in the mod . Very clever ideas of modules and great use of the limitations of the game engine . I tried creating a ship and i noticed that the Flak Particle Accelerator ( the cruiser one ) makes the game crash when is about to fire . Could someone help me please ?

Yes… the Flak Particle accelerator is an old failed project that i forgot to delete, it will be removed for v1.1 ^^

Glad you liked the mod so much =D

I have noticed that in the bitmap/fx folder of your mod there are several missiles with diferent sizes and flare color . Are they all used ? Because I don’t remember to see missiles with blue flare only yellow ones used on the green ghost frigates if i remember correctly .

Nope, they were not used. At the beginning of the Athion Rockets project i was thinking on making several variations of that weapon, like Anti-Shield rockets for the blues, Anti-Armour for the reds and radioactive ones for the Greens. The Athion rockets, or the yellow ones, are the fast and accurate ones of the group.
Why they were not applied? Because there were already several weapons that were working as anti shield and anti armour rockets, also PI does not have radioactive weapons.
So, in short, i decided to not implement them cuz they were redundant.

Oh i understand now but is it possible to make the flare of the rocket animated like the way you did with a purple beam that has circles on it that expand and contract ?
Edit Sorry i meant blue_breakup_beam

Nope, its not possible with the current engine and resources, the bullets and the beams have very differents ways to work:

The normal missiles are a warhead, a trail and a flare (3 imgs). (but none of the sprites can be changed for custom ones)
A beam is a mix of a blast (beam start), the beam itself and the moving part of the beam (again 3 imgs).
But the bullets have only 2 images or sections, the blast (when weapon shots) and the bullet sprite (that allways is semi transparent).

Thanks to recent updates now we can put what we want as bullet, but they still working as bullets ^^

Can’t play the mod, game crashes at the main menu screen and shows this error message:

(Win XP, Desura version of GSB.)

Other mods work without problems…

Weird, players never reported any crash, do you have ALL the DLCs and the lastest version of GSB?

You might want to try a diffrent un-zipper, some programs like to lose files!

Me or feillyne? I just used WinRAR, AFAIK its the best compression program :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry xD i meant for feillyne

The missions descriptions section of the PI Mod guide is almost completed, v1.1 patch has been delayed so much time cuz i’m focused in The Plague making, if it is not released for march, i will release it at the same time than The Plague, and my ultimate top secret idea.

Now that I have Parasites I hope to be able to devote some time to getting PI up and running.

Check your version number, it might be the “Last Stand” order… if you have an older version that doesn’t support the newer order.