[MOD Request] Linking Machines together without belts

So I’ve read in the beta you were able to link machines together without belts.

Can anyone come up with a mod that allows you to do this again? For space saving this would be amazing.

I’ll gladly give a free backrub to anyone who is able to figure out how to do this. THANKS :):):slight_smile:

dont’ really need the back rub ATM, but doubt it is possible. If it is, something on the “ioTiles” entries for the machines probably has to change.

I’ll try a few ideas on them.

Well, I tried changing “fixedIO” “ioTiles” of machines to various permutations of “stateIO” “ioTiles” (and even some “tBeltIO” “ioTiles” variations).
I didn’t really expect it to work, but also didn’t expect it to freeze the game - it locks up on loading the MOD (where it should revert to the nonMOD version), so I guess that’s a bug.

Errors were variations on :
SaveGameException: Error loading save game: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

sometimes it was “can’t cast type” or similar.

----------- in case anyone cares to play w/ the equipment.data “ioTiles”, a (brief) list of the main types is here:

“type”:“belt”,“id”:“belt_corner”, “stateIO”:{“states”:[{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:1,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“DONT_CARE”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“DONT_CARE”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:1,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“INPUT”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“INPUT”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:1,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]}

“type”:“belt”,“id”:“belt_straight”, “stateIO”:{“states”:[{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:0,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“DONT_CARE”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“DONT_CARE”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:0,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“INPUT”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“INPUT”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:0,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]}

“type”:“belt”,“id”:“t_belt”, “tBeltIO”: {“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:0,“drugType”:“all”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:1,“drugType”:“all”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”}]}

“type”:“belt”,“id”:“c_belt”, “tBeltIO”: {“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:0,“drugType”:“all”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:1,“drugType”:“all”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:3,“drugType”:“all”}]}

“type”:“socket”,“id”:“socket”, “stateIO”:{“states”:[{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“DONT_CARE”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all_finished_box”, “io”:“INPUT”}]},
{“ioTiles”:[{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“all”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]

“type”:“machine”,“id”:“evaporator”, “fixedIO”: {“ioTiles”:[{“m”:1,“n”:0,“d”:3,“drugType”:“all_except_box”, “io”:“INPUT”},
{“m”:0,“n”:0,“d”:2,“drugType”:“crystal”, “io”:“OUTPUT”}]}