[MOD] The Antares Expanse (Beta Release v0.5)

Updated? More stuff? YAY!
DL’ing NOW! ^^

Well, mind you, the download hasn’t been updated since I purged it during the copyrighted music debacle. But I’m finally working toward the next iteration again.

Wait, no new stuff yet? D:
lol, happiness fail? xD

Yeah, sorry for the accidental tease. I will try to not have this part take me six or seven months like I seem to do from time to time, so you don’t hurt yourself with anticipation. :wink:

Any of you ever heard of Dropbox? 2GB of free storage and public sharing available. I have a reference link ( db.tt/Q9vpI3k ) that will give us both another free 500mb and you don’t have to use a website to upload stuff… you can sync your Dropbox account with folders on your computer!

Edit: Removed last statement and added ref link as approved by a mod :slight_smile:

And after a month of work, the Soros are peering over the verge of being released! A few teaser images of the ships:

Closeup of a Soros shuttle and nearby freighter:

And a few closeups of the Soros Class I and Class II Workpods:

I fully expect to have everything beaten into shape by tomorrow, and then you too can have your very own armada of royally pissed-off space miners!

Awesomeness, awesomeness everywere @¬@
They look great! I’m really wanting to playtest them! =D

Okay, so I lied a little. I haven’t quite managed to get the Soros into shape, few more dangling things to refine. But it will be good to go sometime this week. Drat this thing we call real life!

Looking forward to Soros.

So far, Corannan has been my favorite.

And at long last, the Soros are venturing forth to beat the living hell out of … well, pretty much everyone.

In other words, version 0.4 is available. Updated link is in the first post.

I am eager to hear feedback from anyone and everyone, since I’ll admit that in my simplified field testing, my Soros designs have proven a bit hit-or-miss. I’d also like to hear any feedback about how the Xaan, Savants and Corannans are doing for y’all. (Check the readme in version 0.4 for a list of the changes I’ve made this go-around.)

Enjoy!

The download link in the OP is v0.3a. I seen no sign of Soros after downloading and installing it.

Sorry about that. Link is now genuinely v0.4 (confirmed on my machine anyhow).

I really enjoy what you did with Soros. The Soros rocket theme is “par excellence”.

Thanks! Between all the smoky rocket trails and the fact that Soros engines are constantly spitting particles and crap, I think it’s pretty clear that they are somewhat less than environmentally-friendly. :slight_smile:

Tried most of Soros ships and i have to say… NICE.
Antares Expanse Mod is just getting better and better, even when having just around 10 new modules and around 10 ships per race, you are begin able to chose between 4 races with their own tech focus, wich is awesome!

In my opinion, the only thing that this mod might need it the future are scenarios to fight against the Antares Expanse.
Praetors reporting and ready to help sir! ;D

Oh, there will be scenarios, have no fear. But I want to get all the races in the community’s hands before I start letting them beat up on people. :slight_smile: 4 down, 1 to go!

Though some of my efforts have to also be diverted to the other ongoing mod projects I’ve got, and this stupid “real life” thing won’t leave me alone. So things aren’t moving as fast as I’d like. :frowning:

When I get a … I believe it’s called a “plan” … you’d better believe I’ll be soliciting help from the Mod Squad and anybody else that’s willing. At the moment, even I’m not sure what the next step is.

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it so far!

Finally, some significant progress has been made on the last Antaran faction, the Arcadians. Three iterations of ship sprites later, I am finally satisfied with the Arcadians’ cosmopolitan fleet and coding has begun.

Here, then, let me reveal the ships of the Arcadian Confederation! (Hull names remain my little secret for now.) Relative sizes in each picture with multiple ships are not necessarily accurate, but will probably wind up being fairly close.

Two fighters:

Two runabouts:

Four frigates:

Three cruisers:

And the beast of the Arcadian fleet, their signature dreadnought:

I love the green glowy bits :smiley:

They will be even cooler in-game when they pulse like the power sources they are. :slight_smile:

I’m really really liking almost everything you have done here. The few ships that might require some little visual improvement are the first fighter and the second cruiser. But aside that, they all look a-we-so-me!
Specially frigates, i think i’m in love :B

Keep the awesomeness levels up sir! =D