[Mod] Pirates of Gaxalon Beta - Released!!!

Not very balanced, nothing special, but I think it probably counts as GSB’s first mod.

Now I’m not very good at making pictures or modding things or anything, so, look at what I’ve done and improve on it.

WARNING. GSB IS ALREADY A BETA. THIS WILL SCREW THINGS UP. DON’T BLAME ME FOR BEING SO FOOLISH AS TO INSTALL A MOD!

To install, unzip directly into your gratuitous space battles main directory. To uninstall… uh. Darn. Delete the whole GSB data directory and reinstall. Possibly.

The pirates are not playable because I don’t know how to unlock their race. ;_;

Download Here.

Readme below.

Welcome to Pirates of Gaxalon Beta!

Pirates of Gaxalon installs two new scenarios along with a new race, the Gaxalon pirates, making use of a couple of custom weapons, and custom hulls.

BE WARNED. GSB is a beta, this is probably going to screw things up. Purely for entertainment purposes.

If you get into trouble, delete the entire ‘data’ directory along with your my documents/my games/gratuitous space battles/ships and /deployments folders. This may or may not work - don’t hold me responsible for installing a mod that just said it could screw things up!

This mod is nothing serious, I have no idea if any of it is winnable or losable, it’s purely to prove that things can be done and can be done EASILY.

All I used to make this mod were a copy of The GIMP with a DDS plugin and notepad. That’s it. You can mod this game very easily too!

Note: If your races are all locked, edit sc.dat in your my docs/my games/gratuitous space battles folder and set all win conditions to 1.

Disclaimer. If you know what you’re doing enough to put a pirate ship or similar into an online challenge, that challenge will crash. Don’t do it. This is your brain on Gaxalon Beta.

Funny to think you would limit yourself to just 10 people downloading the mod (because I guess your not a rapidshare premium member?).

Please don’t reply on dead topics, and just ask people that have the mod to give it to you.