[MOD] The Antares Expanse (Beta Release v0.5)

DL’ing now sir =D

Well I’ve already had to make a tweak to the Xaan’s newest toy, since it wasn’t proving quite effective enough to be worthwhile. For the next release (which hopefully won’t take six months this time) I think it will be a bit more satisfying.

I would like to hear any feedback that folks might have come up with for the Corannans; with their kind of missile-happy theme, I’m not sure how well they’ll play for some folks. Hope y’all are enjoying!

Just tested it a few days ago, aaaaand love it! I really liked everything! (i will write a more detailed feedback later, gtg)

Media ifre is not linking it at this time, is there a new host?

I can see the problem (some copyright issue thing with one of the battle themes, it looks like). Let me see if I can fix it.

EDIT: Looks like this will be unavailable until I have time to replace the one battle theme that is causing the problem. Sorry about that, I’ll get it solved as quick as I can. First post will be updated accordingly.

Updated version of v0.3 is now available, link in the first post. Hopefully I have addressed the issue. If there are troubles downloading, please post here or drop me a PM.

^^’

When I try to download:

I think you just have to change the names of the songs and stuff and if they keep saying it has copyrighted items to e-mail them and call there bullshit! this is getting outrageous with the over reaction of anything that is copyrighted on file-sharing sites now. Its getting stupid now! I bet you $100 I post a picture of myself and lable it with a copyrighted name it will get flagged and be unable to be shared …

I wont take you up on that bet Lonestar.
One of my mods is currently under investigation due to that exact reason.

why does everyone have to have so much money, and way do they have to be arse holes about it

Download link removed again. It will be awhile before I can fix it.

BTW, can anyone suggest a hosting site that aren’t paranoid Nazis about marking stuff copyrighted when it actually isn’t?

I’ll mirror any mod that isn’t infringing copyright, no problem.

I’ll keep it in mind, and I fully intend to have you host the final Antares Expanse mod, but right now I’m getting paranoid about things so I want to make 150% sure that everything is kosher.

Update: Now that I’m pretty sure I’ve ironed out the copyright issues (for the moment at least), the Antares Expanse is once again available for download. Link is in the first post.

Edit: No dice. Once I finish purging this mod of all of its music, it will go back up. On a further note, if anyone would like to suggest music resources that the complete morons at Mediafire can’t possibly mistake for copyrighted, please do so.

this may help: pdinfo.com/

Had this for a while now. Haven’t had the opportunity to use it much, but so far I like the hulls and modules. I like the concept of the the several small yet defined and interrelated races. My personal favourite of the current 3 would probably be the Savants.

Glad you’re enjoying it! Once Cliff gets the “fire under camouflage” behavior working as expected, I’ll have some new toys for the cybernetic radiation-slingers. :slight_smile:

[heavy sigh] Okay. [/heavy sigh] Link is back up in the first post. Since the file has been online for 24 hours and hasn’t been marked as verboten yet, my hope is that it will remain downloadable for a little while at least. Download, my friends! Download!

I will be doing just that very shortly…you’ve got some good looking stuff here.

Slowly but surely, I am making some moderate headway on the Expanse. The Soros post on the first page has been updated with current information and a bit more detail on some of their modules. The Arcadians have also seen some changes, as I decided their hulls needed a complete visual revamp.