[Mod] The Foundation: Conspiracy [v0.0.1 Alpha Release]

That section is basically AcePalarum’s Imperial Command Station, so it had to do with the original image. I’ll see how much it would take to fix that.

I don’t see any problem with the current set-up. I mean, we already have an entire race (Order) that does a fine job of telling symmetry to “shove it,” and still looks great. :stuck_out_tongue: A little bit of asymmetry on an otherwise colossal and detail-packed station shouldn’t matter.

And quite frankly, one reason I didn’t bother getting perfect symmetry in the Command Post station (nice use of that and the Rebel stations, by the way) is because Imperial ships aren’t symmetrical to begin with. Why would their stations be different?

the stations and dreadnoughts were a big part of the station. I opened up the empire and rebel large stations and realized how great they they looked layered.

And stations really don’t need the symmetry; the only reason this one has any is for the superweapon cannon and engine location balance.

This “thing” move?

Well it’s equipped for hyperspatial travel (or whatever equivalent they use here), but it combat you’ll probably see it move at a speed <0.01; it does need to turn otherwise it couldn’t aim the primary cannon. The game will likely round your speed to 0.00 (with a 99% reduction to speed and a LOT of modules), so you won’t be getting anywhere quickly.

Holy S***… Its even bigger than my EX-Epivallon??? wow, just wow…

wasn’t sure he noticed or wanted it so i was just pointing it out

the image ended up having 94 turret slots, I needed way to make that somewhat reasonable.

I can’t remember very well, but my epivallon coding engineer told me something like that 80 MODULES (includes modules and hardpoints) was the absolute limit if you want to keep the calm of your mod testers. (more modules wouldnt fit propely in the window)

I don’t plan on making 94 weapon module slots. I’ve got multiple spots I can link 3, a couple for linking 5, etc.

I do have one graphically issue that may force a reduction in size. The small turret slots on the Imperial sections are around the same size as your standard turret, if not then larger. Then there’s the turret slots near the center…

about multi-hardpoints, try to stay under 4, 5 or 6 only can work without errors if you mount beam based coded weapons. Bullet based ones dont work propely over 4 multiharpoints

I’ve designed an interesting fighter-class hull, and am curious about what some of you think it looks like. Elite Fighter? Shuttle? Bomber? Things like that.

I’ve also made this hull. Can’t decide whether it should be a fighter, frigate or a type comparable to Praetorian corvettes.

Any feedback on these hulls are greatly appreciated.

This one strikes me as a heavy bomber of some sort.

This one looks bigger than a standard fighter, but not hugely so; the Imperial cockpit on the front still looks like - well, a cockpit.

Both of these hulls seem to point toward a “sub-class” of fighter like the PI corvettes (I believe that’s what they are; I may be mistaken) or similar ships in Uni-T. Something a bit more than a standard fighter, but nowhere near a full frigate.

I agree with AcePalarum on both counts. The first one definitely looks like a bomber of some kind, the second like something intermediate between a fighter and a frigate (much closer to a fighter than to a frigate, though - perhaps call it a heavy fighter, or something like that).

Seems your thoughts are along the same lines as mine.

I’ve updated the first post with the progress of the mod. I’m hoping to have v0.1 up this weekend, but it’s a busy weekend.

The first scenario, “Prelude to Foundation” has been completed. This scenario wasn’t part of my initial plan, but I decided to do it. As you can tell from the above, it’s supposed to take several decades ago and is part of the Foundation backstory. You’ll be able to play it using any race, but Empire produces the best effect. (If you want better accuracy, only Imperials would have dreadnoughts. It’s a “no witnesses” thing, so they could pull it off.) Realistically most of the modern hulls wouldn’t exist, likely with the exception of the Imperial’s outdated fleet. It’s more the thought that counts with this scenario. If there’s any lore conflicts with the story, please let me know so I can adjust.

The second scenario, named “Foundation” is just having its map finalized and deployments designed. Planning has also begun for the third scenario “Foundation and Empire”.

(Congratulations if you catch what I’m doing with the scenario names.)

Well… I’ve redesigned the Sirius weapon as a plasma cannon. Let’s just say that this supercharged plasma blast is looks like a small sun the size of a frigate. No, I’m talking the plasma shot, not the explosion. It looks perfect for the pun in the module description. I’m having SS troubles, otherwise I’d post screenshots.

In my test level it wiped out the target in one shot, but I practically fell asleep waiting for it to charge, and it normally needs its own power and crew modules, so that should help with balancing it.

Some new information relating to mod progress: (Animation got major quality reduction to achieve desired file size.)

As a suggestion - create a photobucket account, that way you can use the tags