[MOD] The Hope (WIP)- Spam/Off-topic-ness Allowed

So long as the turrets are expensive to offset the fact that they are overpowered then you look at death by numbers. For example the swarm would be the best counter with their cheap hulls.

Hmm, at this point i was about to say don’t worry because:
A) As i have said (quite a few times in fact) it was a patch job. So it is not the final product.
B) Randy has already said that he will be working on it.

However - With Randy, there is always cause for worry. Because somehow i get the impression that my poor PC will not be able to handle the graphics level of a Randy Completed Destiny . .

Indeed i do, indeed i do . .

Praetors- as Darkstar stated, that is not the completed version of Destiny (that is from a few months ago). By the time I’m done with it, all of the windows on the ship will flicker on/off (not all in unison though). The engines will feature differential glows with running lights timed/placed in such a way that you will love. There will be sooooo many running lights- ur computers will all fry!

[size=95]1) First of all, Nexus Gates not built, they generated and opened. Nexus Gates it’s not mechanical device/superstation, that you’ve seen in Stargates SG-1/Atlantis/Universe. Nexus Gates is semi-natural entity, almost a life form, that have very complicated processes, that allows it to exist in abyss and connect two universes.
2) Nexus Gates, is a part of IDF technological tree. A technological branch named NGT^3 (Nexus Gate-Tunnel Transportation Technology). It was designed, developed, invented and tested by IDF only. Forget about this technology belonging to The Hope. Forget even about traveling through Abyss, or leaving borders of this universe. You even don’t know basic principles of Abyss Particles to create something like that.
3) There is fairly easy to detect difference between decoy and real one. The most basic Multidimensional Scanner will do it.
4) The main problem, that “Vindicator” and other Flagships ships of same class, are most of the time used to scan through the Abyss itself to find another universe, when they are on expedition and there is no specially designed station for this job. No camouflage or cloaking device will help you… Even if you’re using Temporal one (but you don’t, because Hope doesn’t have this tech), IDF Flagship scans even through multiple time stamps, so forget about hiding.
5) Also, IDF got a full set of Disruptors, Blockers, Limiters, Webifiers & etc. No chance to escape. You will have to fight until you die :)[/size]

[size=95]We’ll see about that :)[/size]

[size=95]I can write a glyph in IDF’s native language, it will look more epic, realistic and mysterious :P[/size]

[size=95]1) Basics: Magic can be easily dispelled.
2) IDF have very advanced concept of understanding the “MAGIC”, it’s just more advanced manipulations of the matter on more deeper molecular levels.
3) Magic - it’s just technology, that can be used, but can’t be explained how it works. IDF passed this stage a long time ago.[/size]

lol, it seems that a fierce battle for power and ideas is rising between Hope and IDF, its something stupid and funny at the same time xD
Some tips for both of you, Randy and WarStalkeR:

> First, do not use the ideas of another person unless that person allows you to do it, Randy, if WarStarlkeR say that his idea is to have the IDF as only race to control Nexus gates and travel through the Abyss and the Multiverses, you cannot change that.

> Second, if both of you want extremely advanced races, you must act as them and do not let the arrogance and ambition controls you. WarStalkeR, i like the idea of an advanced race, but it cant be unstopable on all ways, add to the IDF more disadvantages, as example, try to make them speccialized in some things, not in all of them! There must be something that the scanners and sensors cannot detect, and Randy, maybe you can use that “thing” that the IDF scanners cannot detect.

> Third, IDF comes from another universe, maybe they rule their universe, but since GS-17B is so “unique” it may have some new surprises for the IDF, something that they cannot control, detect or even face…

> Fourth, Randy, since Hope was almost destroyed in the past, i think that they cannot be so powerful to destroy any race, since they were sleeping and only machines constructed the ship based on “old” or ancient techs, the new techs of this new time may have some surprises for The Hope.

> Fifth, Randy, the Hope may have not control over the Nexus Gates, and therefore they just cant travel to other universes, but what about an alternative jump system VERY advanced for GS-17B universe. Or even, that speccial jump system may be one of the things that IDF cannot predict or detect, who knows?

> And sixtly, there is no needing to be the most advanced race in the entire Abyss, i would be happy to see a non-advanced race with low tech lvl capable to fight a war with the other races thanks to other advantages, maybe not advantages from the tech lvl of the race, maybe advantages due evolution, as example, the territory, a deeper example, a race capable to live inside a black hole, or inside some kind of dangerous spatial anomaly.

Use your imagination guys!

Well if Randy can create/use theory that I don’t know (smile :)) to evade scanners detection, and not some “amplitude 69” theory, theory that feels realistic and possible :slight_smile:

Well it’s God - cannot be controlled detected or even faced :slight_smile: Well the point of IDF, that they try to keep in balance of the things. If somebody comes at them with High-Frequency Lasers, IDF brings up Railguns. If somebody comes at them with Deathstars, they bring Flagships & Worldships. If somebody use God-class technologies, IDF use them too.

This special jump system needed to backed up by good theory, that Randy must create :slight_smile:

Well IDF even opened a Nexus Gate to universe, that completely composed from anti-matter… explored it… didn’t found sentient life forms… done some notes, add them to database and flew away…

I’m using my imagination to my maximum that mixed with original theories and ones created by me according to understanding of universe :slight_smile:

Already did- the rift generator, a system so unpredictable that even the Hope themselves can not predict where they will end up. Another time, place or dimension- impossible to predict under any circumstances.

Please back it up with theory.

A long time ago, there was a post:

And a post, like this:

So… The main question, Rift Generator technology Hope have, is it unfinished version of Rift Drive (If yes, unfinished version do have an unknown location probability and very unstable)? Or it’s something other, that just sounds like it, but doesn’t based on same theory?

That’s why I’m asking you to back up it with theory…

Also, little about useless Chrono Drives. This useless drive that takes same time to get to the location, just in different time-segment, in the end using same amount of resources as if you will have to travel straight to the location…

Well, woops- didn’t see that your race had that. Must have missed it somehow. Now I understand why you said all that stuff about the rift generator/drive belonging to the IDF- sorry. Um… The rift generator the Hope posses (i will rename it to avoid confusion) is based upon a different theory. The rift generator relies upon the movement of each universe (m-theory). The generator negates the “forces” that keep the ship “attached” to its current universe and allows it to move independently and “drift” until it reaches the next “compatible” universe.

Now that sounds better ^^

Yeah, I should really read through the whole IDF thread, instead of just skimming through the first post.

Call it M-Generator ^-^
But there is a problem about evasion of detection. While moving through the Abyss between universes, Hope can be easily tracked down on APF Frequency (Abyss Particles Fluctuation), because Hope’s (and ANY other ships’ without proper tech) movement through Abyss will have a great impact on Abyss Particles standard chaotic structure, thus destroying standard interference and creating stable flow of Abyss Particles, and this thing can be easily tracked. I can explain it more, If you want to hear about :slight_smile:

I’d like to hear more to come up with a workaround.

When I will come to my workplace I will write from computer there. It will be in 3 hours or so, now I need to go there :slight_smile:

What about the following explanation: Destiny’s adaptive AI is capable to simulating/predicting the natural flow of the Abyss particles that the ship’s shields interact with. All particles that make contact with the shield are stored then released in such a fashion (matching the delay/trajectory that would be expected from that specific particle’s chaotic course) that it would appear that they had never been captured in the first place.

I will write explanations later and you will understand, that almost everything you’ve said now is impossible because of nature of Abyss Particles…

i just want to jump in and say that this is an excellent example to why i keep the deserter tech simple. bigger=better.

and if there is some tech that is hard/impossible to explain, i blame the empire. this way, i rearly get into these kind of conversations :slight_smile:

laughs [size=200]head[/size] off
laughs head off again from the directly above line

Anyway, ponyus- are you sure you would not like to join in? It’s quite fun.

[size=150]IDF File #17549 - “The Abyss: Basic Conception Explanation”[/size]
The one main and absolute conception of Abyss - it’s absolute chaos. In other words, absolute disorder and always contradictions to any physical laws available, thus making them useless for understanding of conception of Abyss.

In one of my posts, I’ve already explained that universe it is a bubble or other round shape of enclosed dimension(s) in to infinite shell of inter-connections to exist in Abyss. Universe can be formed in natural way, or can be constructed. Yes, you not misread, universe can be formed naturally in Abyss.

Abyss itself is single multidimension (one dimension with limitless dimensions within it) with negative metrics (like -3, -12,6 => for each Abyss Particle dimensional metrics are always negative and always different, you will never find two Abyss Particles with same dimensional metrics), absence of stable movement vector (every chronon, movement vector of Abyss Particles changes and again for each particle it’s different) in addition these particles never collide with each other by themselves. That means, every positive value, every particles that consist in some hierarchy (like structure of Iron => core consist of neutrons and protons and orbited by electrons) are instantly destroyed/dispersed/nullified/converted (to Abyss Particles) when come in contact with Abyss Particles, while Abyss Particles are left intact and unchanged or even increased in their amounts.

In other words, even most advanced armor composites will be destroyed in instant and even most advanced shields, that could withstand impact of a stellar converter beam, will be dispersed in instant by Abyss Particles. Something that effective against weapons, won’t be effective against Abyss, because Abyss - it’s not weapon, it’s different form of existence itself, that is complete opposite to stable laws and formulas.

[size=95]Chronon - minimal time unit. Every chronon new amount of parallel universes (do not misunderstand with Metasigna) equals to amount of current parallel universes multiplied by sum of amounts of available actions and choices for each universe. It’s standard theory that shows all variants of consequences with all variants and combinations of choices.[/size] (U[size=60]TOTAL[/size])[size=85]new[/size]=(U[size=60]TOTAL[/size])[size=85]current[/size]*∑(U[size=60]ACTIONS/CHOICES[/size]).

[size=150]IDF File #93637 - “Technological Limited Information: Influence on Abyss Particles”[/size]
After 3 years of research, IDF managed to find 2 ways and invent 1 way of influence on Abyss Particles:

Repulsion - Very first way of influence on Abyss Particles, that IDF found just by researching structural methodology of universes. It’s also natural way of survival of any universe in Abyss. But repulsion of Abyss Particles makes them collide with each other, causing high amplitude dimensional fluctuations between in all directions, thus by making it very easy to track down the source of Abyss Particles fluctuations. This is very way, that IDF detects another universes. Because of easiness of detection of universes’ natural repulsion ability, there is very high probability that other races with very advanced technologies can detect this way of influence on Abyss. Still in order to reproduce universe’s Repulsion Ability immense amounts of generated power are required.

Nullification - Second way of influence on Abyss Particles, that IDF found. After researching Abyss Particles negative value, IDF found that they can be nullified with clear energy. But this way proved to be very expensive and ineffective because of two reasons. First reason: amount of Abyss Particles is unlimited, and if some of them are nullified, there are always new ones to take their place, in addition ship must emit simultaneously almost infinite amount of energy around itself to nullify particles, let’s not forget that emission of energy had to be faster then expansion of Abyss Particles, even though Einsof Reactors easily could be used to emit these amounts of energies non-stop, it isn’t worth it because of the second reason. Second Reason: post-impact of Abyss Particles. When ship moves through Abyss using Nullification, it leaves “trail” of emptiness, that VERY FAST filled with Abyss Particles. These Abyss Particles collide very powerfully, and their fluctuations that are created so powerful, that probably even God could hear it (in other words dimensional amplitude of these fluctuation are 4 or 7 times greater, then of repulsed fluctuations’), it means that very far away races probably will try to find source of these fluctuations… Well and probably not everybody will be friendly to the fluctuations’ source… Well at least IDF already tracked some noisy fluctuations on quite distance from their NE13-X… but they are rare. This way of influence probably will be easily accessible by races with advanced technologies that can meet power requirements of it to use.

Suspension - Third way of influence on Abyss Particles, that was invented by IDF, yes - not found, but created from zero on completely another theory. Also this way of influence started a couple of completely new technology branches in IDF Technology Tree, one of them - NGT^3 (Nexus Gate-Tunnel Transportation Technology). One of the basic physical theories, all particles/waves can be in one of two main states: active and dormant. On the third year of researches about Abyss Particles, IDF scientists made their first experiment: freezing the Abyss Particles. Experiment was successful, for it was used very complex structure of zero particle/wave combination (invented by IDF too) with absolute absence of physical laws and chaotic activity. After that, these particle/wave combination got name Absolute Zero Emission and later was used to explain Absolute Compatibility Law of natural Nexus Gates. Absolute Zero Emission allowed IDF to suspend any process of anything: expansion, reduction, creation, destruction. Even the time itself could be suspended partly or totally. Same effect it was giving on Abyss Particles. Most simple Absolute Zero Emission System i[/i] allowed to be configured to work only with one type of particles/waves in same time, later there were created more advanced and complex AZES that could work simultaneously with more then one type particles/waves. This gave to IDF’s ships absolute protection against Abyss Particles and ability available only to Flagships & Worldships to travel through the Abyss without creating fluctuations at all. AZES for traveling much more complex and expensive then AZES for protection, for traveling in Abyss were required complete integration of AZES in to ship’s core & hull and it’s very expensive thing to do, while AZES for protection could be easily minimized to size of 1cm and were really cheap and could be implanted in to body without any problems. In addition there was detected one very interesting effect: if suspension of Abyss Particle is disabled, while it were suspended inside any material, it disappears completely without damage to material itself. After being used to explain Absolute Compatibility Law of natural Nexus Gates, advancing in this directions gave to IDF ability to generate Nexus Gates, only IDF’s specialized Stations, Flagships and Worldships are capable of doing it. This technology doesn’t requires much energy as much complex it is, and as far IDF know, themselves are only one race that have this tech, because whole technological branch was completely based on previous IDF researches and inventions.

At last, some solutions to the Hope vs IDF problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, reading

EDIT: finished reading

I found quite interesting all of this, and i have 2 questions:

> If the Abyss is infinite, shouldn’t be infinite the fluctuation shockwave force when a ship moves throught it? If so, infinite fluctuations of…energy right? Shouldn’t destroy everything?

> If the abyss is infinite, the number of universes is infinite? (i think that i already read something about this somewhere)

> IF the Abyss is infinite, and IF the number of universes is infinite, what makes you think that IDF is the only one that found the way to Suspend the Abyss Particles? If there is an even more advanced race that have the tech to have the absolute protection against any sensor, weapon and things like that? Ahem, i think that you should add this
“…and as far we know, it’s IDF is the only one that haves this tech, because whole technological branch was completely based on previous IDF researches and inventions.”

That would fix it =P

Nope, if the Abyss Particles were not conception of Absolute Chaos, but conception of Absolute Law & Efficiency, shockwave could be infinite too. But Abyss Particles is based on conception Absolute Chaos, and with every passed unit of distance it will loose it’s amplitude very fast, and in the end will completely calm down to the state of all uninfluenced Abyss Particles…

You’re right. Amount of universes are infinite. The only one limit to all these things - it’s our imagination :slight_smile:

Fixed :slight_smile:

Who knows, maybe somewhere, there is another IDF with different name with same Suspension method of Influence that have different name too :slight_smile: The only one limit to all these things - it’s our imagination :slight_smile: