[MOD WIP] Halo mod

As part of my job description, there are certain days where in the event of an emergency, I must be available for and work outside of normal hours. And today was one of those days :stuck_out_tongue:

As for feedback

• I see what you mean about the destroyer turret locations (one of the downsides when you change the hull config)
  • are you having trouble generating the hulks for the ships ? (i think there was a guide in the forum . . somewhere)

trouble generating? do you mean like adding damage and hulk? if so then no i just want to add all the ships i want before i start adding damage/hulk textures

Fair enough - generally when testing mods, one of the tests is to watch the ships explode :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNDmrwOChk

update

ccs covenant cruiser = done
covenant corvette = done
covenant assault ship = done
covenant Destroyer = done

unsc frigate = done
unsc carrier = done
unsc longsword = done
unsc destroyer = done

covenant seraph = looking for image
space banshee = looking for image
covenant Frigate = looking for image
Covenant Battleship = looking for image

Covenant Supercruiser = no…just no
CSO-class supercarrier = NO NO GOD PLEASE NO

what would you like done next?

I tried using the link that you provided but for some reason the races are not available when I go to select them. :confused:

did you install the mod correctly?

also the unsc and covenant are locked

i have made more progress in the mod i will release a download sometime today :slight_smile:

if you want more material to use, you could always ask the Halo Homefront mod team.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-homefront

its not cirtain if they will provide, but it wont hurt to ask :slight_smile:

thank you :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile:

a download is now available on the OP, that will be the current version until i can get the covie fighters to work

…and ten minutes after the post about the fighters not working…they start working :stuck_out_tongue:

did i forget any ships? if not i will make all the hulk and such and release a new version.

does anyone have any idea where i might be able to find covie turret sprites?

Ok…
I’ve take look at your mod…
A few observation (I’m sorry by advance if I’m crude in them, I don’t really know how to make tacful one because English is not my native language.)
So:
-Why did you lock every shingle UNSC ship? I didn’t see the point of this!
-Try to get an higher ID number for your races, they take the position of the the 3rd and 4st Great Power races! Try instead a ID 12 or above ^^
-Combine your two folder, having two separate folder is only useful if your mod is HUGE of cover unrelated mod
-You have to work on your turret placement, they are not mirrored correctly, and is a little…ugly? I’ll be working on one of your hull to make it look good, and will show you all steps of how repeat this yourself
-Try to not have your weapons module out of the hull. I take as example the UNSC Light Carrier. Having the weapons far from the turret lead to unexpected behaviour of many weapons (if not all…)
-99% of the letter that “must” be in Capital are not, like the UNSC or the name of the cruiser (By the way, try to include the name of the class, it’s look often much better and is easier for player to know whats happening ^^)
-And… even if there is some “little” problem, it’s your first mod! Try, fail, learn, succeed, enjoy!

Edit: And try to find unique boost values for each ship, that make each hull useful in some different way ^^
Edit2: And reduce the size of the ships, they are much too big!

thanks for the advice, the only point i kind of disagree with is the size’s, i have made them smaller (for the most part)
and the reason all the unsc ships are locked is for some reason when i copy’d one of the existing hull.txt’s to edit to my needs it was a locked ship. :stuck_out_tongue:
the only thing i would ask of you is how do i combine the two races into one folder while making them two separate races still?

Just take the covnent (or USNC) folder and fuse it with the other and TADA! (Just don’t forget to delete the “install” file)

I’ve see, but compare them to the GSB ship…
And they are not even more powerful.
Just reduce them to 3/4 of what they are now and they will be a little “more on the line” with other.

will doing this make them one race?

Folders are irrelevant. It is only the race.txt and race in hull.txt that matter.

And if you ever have doubts just take my advice:
Failure is the most important part of the learning process

yup it works :smiley: