Netbook?

Hi all
I’ve just been introduced to GSB, and it seems to fit exactly a requirement that I have: bludging on my netbook while at uni. The only problem is that from the screenshots and such it looks like my netbook wouldn’t be able to handle it. If anyone can vouch for it working on a netbook with similiar specs to mine (see below) I’ll gladly buy the game.

It’s an MSI Wind U100
CPU: Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz, hyperthreaded)
RAM: 1GB
Graphics: ‘Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family’ (virtually non-existent)

Randir

I’m pretty sure the only issue you’ll run into is screen resolution. GSB requires a minimum resolution of at least 1024x768, which many netbooks cannot manage. There have been some reports in the forum of beta testers manually editing the configuration file to set a smaller resolution that would fit onto their netbook screen. They said the game would then run, but some of the screens were a bit broken, with overlapping UI elements or elements that stretched off the bottom of the screen.

Thanks very much. I searched the forum for ‘system requirements’ and ‘requirement’ before posting, but it didn’t occur to me to simply search ‘netbook’. It seems there is no official position on whether the full release will include small resolution support?

I think it may be worth buying anyway, so I’m going to go ahead and do that now.

Thanks
Randir