New Situation: Welfare Fraud

Hi,

I’ve created a new situation, Welfare Fraud. Essentially, it’s caused by having high levels of welfare (unemployment benefit, disability benefit and child benefit) coupled with high levels of crime and/or poverty. You can tackle it quite effectively with the welfare fraud department policy. Implications: basically it costs you a lot of money, but this annoys the middle income also.

As always, I’d love to hear your comments.

thomashughes.co.uk/Welfarefraud.zip

Instructions: Put the WelfareFraud.txt file in My Documents\democracy2\mods\data\situations and the sit_icons_welfarefraud.dds file in My Documents\democracy2\mods\data\bitmaps

P.S. If anyone could do me a better logo for it than just reusing the tax evasion one as I am doing at the moment, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

I’m thinking that combining the hand icon from some of the grants, with an icon from one of the crime items would work?

Hi,

Sounds good. I don’t think I have the software to create the images in the right format for the in game icons, so if you or someone else could do so, that would be great. Thanks.

Sounds good, but download link seems to be broken - I get a 404.

Sorry, I thought that I had sent all my Democracy mods to Cliff for hosting on his servers and so I deleted it all off mine, but obviously I missed this one. I’ve reuploaded it to my server now. I think that I’ve put all the files in that you need but its ages since I did a mod now so please tell me if I’ve forgotten any.