Orwellia Mod (Country)

Orwellia is a modded country I’m working on in my spare time.

Orwellia was a fascist country, however the Orwellian (pun initially unintended) government was recently overthrown and replaced with a democratic one. As a key leader in the revolution you were a natural choice for President. While it’s nearly crime-free, this is the result of a serious police state. Many of the issues facing the country are a result of this, mass rioting in our cities among them. There are reasonable public services, however the government is running a considerable debt. They also suffer from a poor education system a part of control efforts by the old government.

Will you be able to convert this country to a free, peaceful nation and secure your election?

The general starting idea should be apparent to those familiar with the term the name is derived from.So far the mod only will include the country, but I might throw some new policies or variables in there.

This country starts off as a police state on crack. Every police state policy is at or near maximum, plus everything else that seems relevant.

Hello,

where can I find your mod?

It’s still in its initial stages, and is not yet ready for release. As it is just a scenario it won’t take extremely long. Might even have v1 ready by tomorrow

Sounds Good!

I finally got around to making an alpha version. Still needs testing and balancing, sadly I’m experiencing a crash error on the set-up screen. (After scenario selection, before briefing.) Something about setting slider values. Here’s the current code, if anyone can find the error(s) and/or give suggestions on improvements. Remember, THIS CODE DOES NOT WORK CURRENTLY.

[code][config]
population = 54345722
debt = 76000
debtceiling = 240000
wealth = 1.0
flag = flag1.bmp
thumb = flag1_s.bmp
name = “Orwellia”
economic_cycle_start = 0
description = “Recently overthrown Orwellian government. Police state of political unrest”
briefing = “Congradulations on being chosen as the President of ! Orwellia was an authoritarian country, but as you know the Orwellian government was recently overthrown and replaced with a democratic one. As a key leader in the revolution you were a natural choice for President. While is nearly crime-free, this is the result of a police state. Many of the issues facing the country are a result of this, mass rioting in our cities among them. There are reasonable public services, however our government is running a considerable debt. We also suffer from a poor education system a part of control efforts by the old government.”
currency = $
termlength = 4
partyname = “The Democratic Movement”
oppname = “The Reform Party”
gui_id = 1

[settings]
AlcoholLaw = 1.0
ArmedPolice = 1.0
BorderControls = 1.0
CCTVCameras = 1.0
CitizenshipTests = 1.0
CommunityPolicing = 1.0