Party Ideology

Would it be possible to set the ideology of you party/other parties? Now that there is a coalition government feature, I feel like ideologies could impact what policies they ask you for and how extreme/centrist the policies are. Furthermore, it could impact your manifesto policies and party membership depending on the percentage of liberals/conservatives in your country and how influenced they are by each. I’m sure there’s a lot more that could be done with this, but these are just a few ideas.

3 Likes

While this seems like a cool idea, I don’t think it really works for a game like Democracy 4. The main point of Democracy 4 is to get re-elected, even if that means appealing to two opposite ideologies. Maybe something like that can be somewhat implemented; but I don’t think it’s necessary.

1 Like

Agreed. If this was implemented it should be an optional feature in the same way that manifesto promises are optional features, and it should probably have similar effects as manifesto promises as a party ideology is reflected in the manifesto of a party anyway.