[PC] Alt-Tab freezes the game

The problem: When in the ship designer or in a battle, alt-tabbing out of the game to do anything freezes the game.
I’ve read all the other topics regarding the Alt-tabbing freezing the game and the fixes posted, but setting the affinity to 1 core, disabling transitions etc. does not seem to fix the problem.

Q9550
Geforce GTX 260
Creative X-fi
Windows 7 x64
4 GB Ram
2 Monitors

My errors.txt is filled with:

9/8/2010 - 10::9 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
9/8/2010 - 10::9 - D3DEngine Restore Failed

I’ve recently removed and reinstalled my graphics drivers, so I don’t know what the problem might be.

How much you wanna bet the TWO monitors is a problem? Try using only one at a time.

I get the same problem and I only use one monitor. Same error messages too. Why would two monitors ever interfere with software? Does using multiple hard-drives screw up your system? Please.

Well you took the words right out of my mouth. At any rate, it didn’t start to do it until after a few games. It crashed when I alt-tabbed with a fmodex.dll error, that it couldn’t initialize sound, after I restarted the game sound worked, but alt-tab never did. Perhaps this is somehow the cause (Though I can’t imagine how).