product code from Steam invalid

I bought the game on Steam, I tried to enter it in-game but it keeps saying that my code is invalid. I tried with and without dashes it still says invalid.

Hi, the steam code is not the code you enter on the online screen. That is the GSB product code which steam also provide you with and is used to set up your account for issuing and commenting and rating challenges within the game. They look similar, but are slightly different. Try that one.
In addition, this involves the game connecting to OUR server, not steam, so if you have a firewall running and it only allows steam through, it may be blocking the games attempt to register the serial code, which could also cause an error message. It might be worth running the game in a window to check for any firewall or internet security popups.

Yes, why not provide the player with two extremely similar codes, and then put the incorrect one in the conversation box titled “CD-KEY”, and then make the correct one impossible to find. That should make your customers happy!

I hardly think cliff had much choice in the matter, he doesn’t make the codes

I had no problem finding both keys clearly labeled, but I bought direct so yours might be different

I’m not targetting any specific person and I really don’t care who was responsible. I just want this resolved.

Errr… ok, there are two keys because not everyone buys the game on steam. people who buy direct or from GoG also need access to the huge chunk of the game that is the online challenges, so they need a unique ID. We cannot use steam keys for this as a result.
Steam pops up a big box telling you what the key is, its different to your steam key, which generally speaking, you would never ever see anyway. I’m not sure how you expect it to be ‘resolved’, other than telling people who don’t buy through steam they cant play challenges?

its very simple to get your CD key, all games come with this.

The STEAM key is unique to steam and you only have it cause you transferred your game to steam. Steam keys are used to put a game on your steam account, they have nothing to do with the game’s key.

You can do what you see in the picture below, or, when you try to launch the game steam should pop up a windows that list all the CD keys you need in this game, and then you have to close that before the game launches, then that window pops up again once your ingame with the steam overlay.