R-Type Mod (release 1.0)

Not surprising since “Circuit” is what I named the thing. :smiley:

once again you are showing some absolutey epic looking laser beams, most of them are even better looking than Union’s stuff! Keep it up, patience is a virtue…for all of us.

I am “alive”! :stuck_out_tongue:

Splendid news! I’ve been awaiting this mod for two-and-a-quarter years, and your post brings a smile to my face.

Oh, and as one badly-delayed modder to another, I sympathize with your time pressure. It can be so pernicious. Thank you for continuing to fight for a good cause. :slight_smile:

Updated first post with download link.

Found an apparrent bug, old bean:

“Module Type not found ->cruiser_autothruster:…\src\SIM_ShipModuleType.cpp 272”

D’oh! Thought I fixed it when I reuploaded it.
Delete bydo_boss mk2 from ships directory. It’s using an engine from another mod.

Thanks – deleted it. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, a second bug now appears at boot-up: “Ship Hull not found ->bydo core:…\src\SIM_ShipHull.cpp 503”

You must have downloaded the version that had the deployments use that particular hull.
I’ll reupload a fixed archive shortly.
In the meantime you can fix your setup by changing the design used in aifleet_easy to this:

design = dobkeratops 2xbydobeam pulsewave

I planned to use variants of the boss at first and somehow this one slipped through the cracks.

Make sure bydocore final is deleted as well.
It’s not supposed to be there yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Fixed version(fingers crossed lol) is up.

It’s cool; I understand how hard it is to crush all bugs before final release.

Re-downloaded; thanks for the timely bugfix! I guess that should be called release 1.01.

[-gives it a try-]

First bug report for 1.01:
“Turret mapping not found [turret_strabalt_missile] ==> [federation]:…\src\SIM_Race.cpp 249”

Due to the way GSB handles the turret sprite sheet, problems with turret mappings are often a real hassle to debug. I patiently await your “1.02” release of R-Type.

Hey, I really liked your mod and was super excited when it came out. However, when I downloaded the mod and I went to fleet HQ i got an error. It said that it could not find the turret mapping of the strobalt missle. What should I do?

Hmmm… having not experienced this issue myself I checked my Federation.txt in GSB/data/races.
Sure enough, I had the requisite turret mapping lines added to support the rtype weapons

pasting this under all the stuff in the turrets section ought to fix things.

turret_chain_strong = rtype_chainlaser_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_chain_weak = rtype_aalaser_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_assaultbit_yellow = rtype_assault_bit_yellow.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_mirror_laser = rtype_mirrorlaser_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_giga_wavecannon = rtype_gigawave_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_megabeam_wavecannon = rtype_megabeamwave_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_waverbeam = rtype_waverbeam_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_shadowbeam = rtype_shadowbeam_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_assaultbit_red = rtype_assault_bit_red.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_chain_yellow = rtype_chainground_turret.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_missile_bit = rtype_missile_bit.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_pd_bit = point defense bit.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_nanowave = rtype_nanowave.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_hyperwave = rtype_hyperwave.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_strabalt_missile = strabalt_missile.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_rtype_thunderbolt = rtype_thunderbolt.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_bydo_vineflayer = bydo_vineflayer.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 bydo_mega_thunderbeam = bydo_mega_thunderbeam.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 rtype_green_beamwave_cannon = rtype_green_beamwave_cannon.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_shockwave = shockwave_turret.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,0 turret_gains = rtype_gains_turret.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,1 turret_gains2 = rtype_gains_turret2.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,2 turret_impactwave = rtype_impactwave.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,0 turret_bydopulse = bydopulse.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,0 turret_fractal = fractal.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,0 turret_bydogun = bydo_gun.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,8 turret_bydobolt = bydo_bolt.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,8 turret_shieldboostbit = shield repair bit.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,0 turret_eyeball = eyeball_turret.dds,rtype_turrets.dds,9 turret_bydowave = bydo_wave_turret.dds,rtype_turrets1.dds,0

I’m hoping nothing else crops up. :wink:

edit: missed a few lines.

Hi, Dantalion. So the enclosed block of code is not for adding to rtype.txt, but federation.txt instead? Shall I leave rtype.txt alone, then?

I’ll paste that code as an addition to the federation turret info already there, and see what happens. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Yes it’s for the Federation.txt.
I’ll put this info up on the first post as well.

If i may interupt, there is a more permanent solution :slight_smile:

This error hails back to the introduction of GSB v1.40 when cliff introduced the stats screen showing the best and worst weapons after a battle. The GSB Modding guide has a solution for this. Scroll down to Instructions to make your modded weapons compatible with the battle stats screen

I have taken the liberty of making this Permanent HotFix for anyone that wants to use it:
<<Download Removed - Hotfix is now surplus to requirements>>
Installation: Extract into the GSB directory it will ask to overwrite some files.
What did it do: I modified 20 modules that were using icon = turret when they were using custom turret names. (see Modding Guide for more details)

If you incorporate the hotfix into your mod Dantalion, the player will not be required to modify Federation.txt anymore . .

Hotfix has been incorporated. Thanks darkstar!

Your most Welcome.
Its what the Gratuitously Friendly Community Mod Squad is for :slight_smile:

With the latest file :

Assertion failure:filemane:/builddir/Positech/GSB/source/SIM_BeamWeaponModule.cpp.linenum:337

I’m not sure if that error does anything besides cluttering up your errors.txt. Did you get a BEX related crash? For whatever reason, those don’t seem to get logged.
That happens sometimes when using fighters, though I have no idea why.

I have nothing more than that message : it only appears in two of your three maps (the latest ones : Nemesis and Rift).
It’s ok in Point Blank map.