Reset progress: How?

It does seem strange that someone would want to re-lock everything, but I was considering a Youtube series where I start from the beginning and try to progress in an optimal way. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do this?

if you want to wipe absolutely all of your user data go into my documents\my games and delete the gratuitousspacebattles 2 folder

I was hoping something less drastic was needed, but still good to know. Thanks very much.

well isn’t that what you wanted though?

While i can not deny that dafrandle method does relock everything - That method would akin to using a thermo nuclear weapon to prepare your house for remodelling. (Generally the method dafrandle recommend is reserved for when game does not function correctly and we have exhausted every other method to fix it)

If i might suggest a method that would be more optimal.

• Navigate to \Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles2
  • Open the file unl.dat in a text editor (ie notepad)
  • select all the lines below [unlocks] until you reach [points]
  • Delete and save

It should look like this

[unlocks]

[points]
points = 100

Run GSB II and you should find that everything is now locked.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good first step, but it doesn’t seem to reset my honor scores for the single-player campaign or the campaign progress in general. If I can do those things I should be ready to go. And thanks for the help!

No that method will not reset the honor scores.

to take out the scores you will need to do the following

• Navigate to \Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles2
  • Open the file sc.dat in a text editor (ie notepad)
  • select all the lines
  • Delete and save

Run GSB II and you should find that your honor scores and progress for the single-player campaign should be reset

1 Like

Excellent, thanks again for your help. Would you like me to give credit in the video description when I start recording?

heheh, Thanks for the offer but no thanks - its all part of the job as a member of the Friendly Community Mod Squad B)
If you have any other questions and you need a response quickly you can ping me direct via PM.

Remember to post a link to the videos :slight_smile:

any ships you have saved with the unlocked weapons will still have the unlocked weapons on them