State Union Mod <Major New Mod> <Updated 9th June 2008>

When I downloaded the mod the event flag and background flags were missing… I replaced them with a EU flag but I was wondering if I was the only one to experience this?

They’re definitely in there - you should get three folders when you download it - bitmaps, missions and simulation - the flags are in the bitmaps folder. If you run the auto-installer, it should make sure that all the right files go to the right place.

I have a slight issue, the game crashes when i get the State Union Commisioner Situation and i choose the religous candidate, dont know what happens if i choose the Smoker/Drinker candidate though.

Any help?

Sorry to hear that. I think I’ve tracked down the problem. I’d missed the word “CreateGrudge” from one of the effects. I’ve attached a fixed version of the file to this post, and I’ll recompile the mod with the new files and send it to Cliff to replace the old one. I’ve been thinking about updating this mod anyway, as after I finish my last exam on Monday I’ll have loads of spare time on my hands.

Download the attachment and copy the text file into My Documents\democracy2\mods\data\simulation\dilemmas, overwriting the old one. Hope this works. Tell me if it doesn’t and I’ll have another look.
SUAppointCommissioner.zip (813 Bytes)

No problem, yes that worked.

I really like this mod, although starting with 0% approval and backing is challenging i find it fun to match popularity and support with a surplus budget.

Well done.

Hi,

I’m not really happy with the mission (Scotrasia) I provided with the mod. The core of the mod is the events and dilemmas - I just designed Scotrasia so that you had somewhere to play it. I would recommend that you play the mod with some of the other missions, because I think they are better than Scotrasia. I actually haven’t played the State Union mod that often, but when I play I often struggle on Scotrasia, although I think I managed to win an election once. I’m hoping to do a few more missions to go with the mod over the next week or so and maybe also improve Scotrasia to make it a bit easier.

That sounds good.

I won 2 or 3 elections but it took huge tax cuts and even abolishing CO2 Tax altogether lol

I met another issue, deciding the State Union Grant Decision event makes the game crash too.

I chose to improve transport and it crashed, same as before with the Commisioner error.

Cheers

Argh… that one is a mess. I’ve fixed it now. What I’ll do is check through all the other dilemmas and events to make sure they’re all OK, then I’ll do some new ones (I’ve got a good idea for some Directives with fines if you don’t comply that I hope will work), maybe add a few missions, and then repackage it and have it replace the old version.

For now, go to My Documents\democracy2\mods\data\simulation\dilemmas and either delete SUGrantDecision or open it up in Notepad, delete all the text that is there, and paste in the new text below, then save it.

[code][dilemma]
name = “SUGrantDecision”
guiname = “State Union Grant Decision”
description = “Congratulations! Your nation has successfully applied for a grant from the State Union. You have been given a large sum, which you may spend either on improving the transport infrastructure, or providing extra support staff in schools. Supporters of both proposals are lobbying hard for you to choose their cause.”
[prereqs]
StateUnion

[influences]
0 = “random,0.3,0.8”

[option0]
Name = Improve the Transport Infrastructure
Description = , leader of Commuters’ Anonymous, arriving late because his train was delayed, reminds you that ‘our economy relies upon people, goods and services being able to move around the country freely and easily. At the moment, they can’t do that, and this is why the money is desperately needed.’
OnImplement = CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Commuter,0.35,0.8);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Motorist,0.15,0.8);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,StateEmployees,-0.10,0.7);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Parents,-0.20,0.7);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Commuter_freq,0.3,0.9);

[option1]
Name = Provide Extra Support Staff
Description = , a primary school teachers, says ‘children are our future, and at the moment they are being badly let down. Remember, it is the generation that will benefit from these support staff who will be running the country in a few years. We just hope they’ll be able to do a better job than you.’
OnImplement = CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Commuter,-0.20,0.7);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Motorist,-0.10,0.7);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,StateEmployees,0.20,0.8);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,Parents,0.30,0.8);CreateGrudge(SUGrantDecision,StateEmployees_freq,0.3,0.9);[/code]

Excellent.

I look forward to seeing your new ideas

OK, I’ve done a new version. Here’s the new features:

• Ten special new events - you receive a Directive from the SU, and if you refuse to comply, you will receive fines until you do!
  • Three brand new countries.

I’m thinking about adding some more events and dilemmas still to this mod, but I wanted to release it as it currently is so that you could try it. It should all be fully working. It still has all the events and dilemmas from the original. I’m also thinking of doing a program to allow you to easily opt the missions in and out of the State Union, so that you can try the missions that ship with the game in the State Union, or those that come with the State Union mod outside of the State Union.

If you have the first State Union mod, then there should be no problem installing this one over the top of it.

Link: positech.co.uk/democracy2/ho … ionMod.zip

The new version is great, and I think I managed to win an election in one country :slight_smile:.

Hi,

Glad that you like it.

I’ve got a new program to enhance people’s enjoyment of this mod. It’s a tiny download so it’s well worth having a look at. Basically it allows you to easily opt countries in and out of the State Union, so that you can easily try the nations that ship with the game in the State Union, or visa versa the nations that come with the State Union mod outside the State Union. I hope the program is simple enough to understand but ask if you have any questions.

Please give me any comments, suggestions, etc.

Note added 3rd September 2008: this program is now included in the main State Union download.

Im enjoying it, i’ve managed to win elections on them all so far but it is getting harder lol

How do I mod on a Mac?

Hi,

I assume that is a general query rather than one specific to the State Union mod. It’s best to keep this thread concentrated on posts regarding the State Union mod, rather than going into a different topic. Also, your query is more likely to get answered if you start a new topic in this forum. Thus I’d recommend that you start a new topic, and that will then keep all posts on the same topics together, and on different topics separate.

Hope this helps.

Hi TomPhil

Thanx for the advise, but I was talking about how I use a mod that others haw done. I love Democracy 2 and I desperately wont to use the State Union Mod and China Mod but I can’t find any instructions on the internet how to use the mod on my Mac?

Do you know what I should do? I am no computer expert.