<UPDATED> Download to improve long-term playability of game

Update: This post now includes the link to the new upgrade for version 1.11. If you have now upgraded to Democracy 2 version 1.11, you will need to redownload the mod in this thread and reinstall it.

Hi,

I’m sure that most people who have the game and are reading this forum think that Democracy 2 is a great game. However, one thing that did need working on was its long-term playability, the fact that it gets easier after a few terms.

That’s why I have released a significant enhancement for the game, which makes a major improvement on the long-term playability of the game. Basically, it makes situations (such as street gangs, contagious diseases, tax evasion, etc.) harder to deal with as you become more successful. Thus, if you do not keep improving your country in every area, problems that you thought had gone away may come back. This largely reflects the complacency and raised expectations that your voters develop over time.

So, what do you need to do? All you have to do is to download the new situations file from positech.co.uk/democracy2/ho … pgrade.zip - then just unzip the folder and run the auto-installer - it’s that simple. This file is designed to work with version 1.11, the current release version.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

This is a great idea. I will do a last minute fix to 1.05 to ensure the effect is hidden for situations.

Excellent. Thanks Cliff.

As the new version 1.05 has now been released and the situations file has been modified on it, you will need to redownload and reinstall this mod. You can download it from the same location as above - thomashughes.co.uk/democracy … pgrade.zip

Thanks to Cliff the display problem that occurred with my mod for the previous version has now been fixed. Installing the new version 1.05 and my situations file mod should significantly improve the long term playability and difficulty balance of the game.

Has anyone tried this? Any feedback?

Yes, I am using it.

As for stability, it is completely stable, and works fine :slight_smile:.

Ill respond with further comments later.

Excellent. With all the messing around I’ve been doing on mods, coupled with having an essay to write for University, I haven’t had the chance to test it properly yet, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

If you have installed this mod in the past, your situations file has probably been overwritten by the standard one at some point during patching or reinstallation.

I’ve now uploaded a new version of the file, which has all the latest tweaks put in by Cliff. Also, I’ve tweaked the rail strikes situation, which is too hard to deal with, and replaced it with values suggested by Cliff on this forum when I reported the problem.

You can download it from the link above.

Cliff - Would you please update the version on your server with the version I have just uploaded - link in top post. Also, would you place a short explanation of what it does on the mods list page, as at the moment just giving the name of the zip file doesn’t really explain what it does. Thanks.

OK, I’ve put up a new version of the file. This is based on the very latest 1.11 version, so has the internet crime situation in and any other tweaks that have been made. The underlying idea is the same as it always was - to make situations harder to deal with as the game progresses.

If you have installed it previously and have since patched your game, you will have overwritten this file and will need to install it again. Link is in the top post in this thread.

Cliff, could you please replace the old version on your server with this new version? Thanks.

Done,