Updated to 1.24, new situations, new policies and country specific stuff!

My thought on that is that the game already model that a reduction in racial tension reduces patriot membership and increases liberalism and this situation would have similar effects.

the problem is currently our situation models contribution/subsidy. Maybe it needs renaming to just ā€˜EU membershipā€™ in both cases, so that I can link it to stuff like stability without further confusionā€¦

Tada!

3 Likes

Any chance of getting the single market in there too? A bump to international trade, tourism, capitalist opinion and foreign investment perhaps?

2 Likes

At the moment Iā€™d say its simpler to integrate the effects of the single market simply with EU membership, as we are not simulating any countries in one but not the other right now.

2 Likes

Dear god, how do I avert this catastrophe!? (This happened with Spain after losing ā€œEU membershipā€ in the early game. It seems the contribution and subsidy situations arenā€™t performing as intended?)

HAHAHA. Thats awesome. clearly a bug thoughā€¦ Iā€™ll investigateā€¦

3 Likes

I think iā€™ve found and fixed this. Basically the other inputs (foreign affairs and GDP) pushed membership below the actual threshold for initiating it (which is scaled to set the correct financial subsidy). It now never quits, regardless of valueā€¦

2 Likes

But in the reality, a country that was a net collector, can become a very rich nation in terms of GDP, and become net payer. I think the game should reflect this.

Indeed

Well currently it would reduce the subsidy down to zero, as I recall, but no flip in the other direction. Thats a bit more involved, because currently we donā€™t support in code a situation that can be both financially (and visually!) positive or negative depending on circumstancesā€¦ so this is kind of uncharted territory!

2 Likes

You could label it as a design idea and leave it on the backburner for now.

1 Like

True! It would be worth looking into.

2 Likes