Vote for your Favorite Ships - And the Winner IS !

ic
So, lets wait and see with what he comes :smiley:

LOL, yea there are a lot more, keeping in mind a cruiser = destroyer, and satellites = frigates ?? … if u want cruiser ship configurations…:

Flagship/Capital Ship (cruiser)
Mothership (cruiser)
Attack Cruiser (cruiser)
Assault Cruiser (cruiser)
Light Cruiser (cruiser)
Heavy Cruiser (cruiser)
Battle Cruiser (cruiser)
Light Destroyer (cruiser)
Assault Destroyer (cruiser)
Battle Destroyer (cruiser)
Battleship (cruiser)
Warship (cruiser)
Carrier (cruiser)
Freighter/colonization/exploration (frigate-cruiser)
Space Station / Star Base (cruiser)
Defense Platform / Defense Station (cruiser)

And im sure there are more…

LOL yeah, there are a lot of different categories, but what we want for this mod are:
(in size order)

Fighter Sub-Categories:
Drones*
Fighters
Corbettes*

Frigate Sub-Categories
Satellites*
Target Dummy Ships
Frigates*

Cruiser Sub-Categories
Destroyers*
Stations
Cruisers
Dreadnoughts*

Huge Ships Sub-Categories xD
Battle Stations* [size=75]<-- AKA Super Stations, Fortress Station, HQ Stations etc etc etc…[/size]
Leviathans

(*) Without Entries (this is not exact, because there are ships what can be big fighters or small corbettes, or big frigates or small destroyers, and things like that)

Something like that :wink:

Thank you for expanding upon what you hope to see; that helps others a lot. Sometimes filling a completely empty niche is more satisfying than competing to be noticed among many who all have the same idea.

Yeah, that is what im trying to do, help. xD
Oh YES, more entries :smiley:

And please, remember, if you have a question about the contest, just post it here.

If you have suggestions, criticism or something to discuss about the first community mod, go here:

http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
And if you have question about the mod progress and thigs like that, go here:

http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5909
If you want to help, PM me.

There are not stupid questions, there are only questions needing answers.

i think i am in love when i saw the design number 16

The power the emanates from this design is powerful… i want it i desire it… it must be the part of my fleet…

well, if it did not wins, is yours xD
But you need to ask to the autor first, Obviously.

I wonder where the guy who made design 16 got this from:

Swarm cruisers

Categories and Sub Categories of the contest Edited:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5906&p=42272#p42272

gah, i guess i am too much of a star wars geek xD

corellian corvettes http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_corvette

crew: 30-165
length: 150 meters
width: 48. 6 meters

no matter ho much you try to convince me, this will allways be my vision of corvettes :slight_smile:

Originally the comp was only going to have one winner but Praetors was hoping that we would get flooded with ship designs and that we should have 4 classes so you can win in more than one category.

I was going to name the 4 classes as small, medium, large and massive but that would be boring. So we gave the classes some names to give people ideas about what we were after.

All that aside - I suggest that instead of describing and debating what your idea of a ship classes is, go and make that ship and enter it into the comp to show the forum. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words :slight_smile:

P.S. if the thought of making a ship that uses tractor beams is frightening to you, then talk to me (nicely) and i will help you - since that is what i am here for.

@Ponyus: Hehe, same with me and the Homeworld 2 Corbettes:

Hiigaran pulsar corbettes shoting at the enemy, the Vaygrs, in this case, a carrier:

Hiigaran corbettes undocking from his mothership, The pride of hiigara:

Homeworld 1 Taiidan Corbette:

Niiiiice caaaanons :smiley:

Ya, i know, too big images, but well, maybe someone use them as inspiration :stuck_out_tongue:

@Darkstar076: Im needing more info about the SSB values… Do you know something about it?

darkstar, im having trouble placing tractors in some of the ships. Usually i place one or two max, but now i am “spriting” xD a ship that has 6 tractor beams, and i am unable to place em. My head is a bit messed up xD. I thought i knew the meaning of the tractor beam values (position, angle, etc) but i guess im wrong, cuz i cant get em in the right place. The ship i am sketching and that is probably i will post here is going to use some tractors too i guess.

Can u put the exact meaning of all the tractor values?? (PD.: For now, with the desperation ^^, i replaced the tractor beams with just impulse glows ,4 at same place with different intervals , since the tractors are designed for an order race ship).

Since you asked nicely, send your completed ship to me with the text file and i will look over it and place the tractors for you. While i fix up your ship i might write a quick guide on how i did it and place it on the modding guide thread.

looks at design 17
envious

agreed!

change the orange color to a little more yellow and it would seriusly beat #13!

awesomesause!

Darkstar, i was going to pm u with my design when i noticed that it will not fit with all the designs that are already posted (Vanilla mixed designs i mean). And that gives me a question, is the mod designs limited to vanilla type-theme designs?? or the fleet is going to be , lets say a mix of designs with no shape in common??

I agree, really good design, and GREAT descrption.

Just one thing THE MOD IS PRAETORIAN IND. AND IM PRAETORS D:
Again, its so hard remember that, or is a joke? xD

I will try to answer that. The original idea is make a fleet of Experimental-High-Tech-Level Designs using parts of different ships from different races, Expensive looking designs with a little of aerodynamical shape, like the Nomads, oh man i love that race xD
But well, there are some designs with custom sprites, therefore, any design is acceptable.

Anyone got any idea where design 18’s parts came from? They don’t look very GSB-ish.