Welcome to the GSB forum

Ok, if you aren’t sure what this is about, I suggest you take a look here:
http://www.gratuitousspacebattles.com
which is the current place-holder minimalist website for our next game, called ‘Gratuitous Space Battles’. Feel free to post on any topic relating to the game here.
Some teaser images:

Cheers!

Is this basically like Master of Orion 2 but without the fail that is Master of Orion 3? I still play Master of Orion 2 occasionally with a DOS emulator as it has all the good stuff in it I like. Stardock did make Galciv and it was okay but it missed the various elements of MOO2 and so I felt distanced from the game instead of in it.

There’s also lots of fans who still play MOO2 if you search on the internet.

I also think the working title “Gratuitous Space Battles” needs revising as it sounds corny.

I hope the name stays; from a marketing point-of-view it’s exactly what it says on the box, and my mates, the immature money-laden adults that they are, are quite interested in the game if nothing more than for the name. Also, battles, arranged in a gratuitous fashion, in SPACE! :slight_smile:

Wayno, goes all giggly

The name is definitely final. It does what it says on the tin :smiley:

As you say, it does exactly what it says on the box. Also it’s an indication that the game isn’t to be taken too seriously (in a good way, obviously).
I’ve played a few games on it and I have to say it’s already one of the most enjoyable games I own!
I wore a stupid grin prettymuch from when I started playing to when I had to finish to go back to real life! :smiley:

Cool game. A fan of Wicked Defense by Ixchel, and space epics like Sins, GalCiv, X etc. Like the idea of combining the two concepts. The name is what attracted me to it, FYI. I just brought the beta. Hope the final version is available soon.

Ticcer