Workers instead of robots

I think that when you first buy a new slot, they should come with two workers instead of two robots and then you can upgrade to multiple workers and then finally be able to trade them in for robots, just a suggestion but I think that it would really add to the game!

Yup! This is on my todo list. At some point I’d like all work to be done by humans, and have robots be something that requires research. It does involve a little bit of code, plus also new hammering animations for the workers, but I definitely intend to do it. I suspect it will be one of those ‘big’ updates that takes a whole week to get right.
Glad to know other people think it would be good. I think a special game achievement for replacing 200 staff with machines would be fun, and a ‘luddite’ achievement for producing 1,000 cars with no robots :smiley:

Would make it tricky in the beginning though, as all workers cost money also.
Already quite tight when on the tight budget maps. But that could be easily balanced and would maybe be less of a problem too when the loan systems gets in place.

Hey Cliff,

I actually think that your original vision with 1908 fashioned and handcrafted Ford Model T car production line including old school graphic sprites was actually a very good idea.

If there is some time for that it would be cool if you could expand around that… so that you can pick an time era to start with (1910, 1920, 1930, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000… or so) and then work all the way from the past to the future with self-driving electric cars and whatnot.

So there would be a true progression from old engineering techniques and technology and models to newer engineering techniques and technology and more modern fashioned models… with sprites updating accordingly.

You would basically start out handcrafting absolutely everything and then more automation would become available over the decades.

And then have research year based too? Would be kinda weird to have a T-Ford with Voice recognition :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, of course year locked research on so on… :stuck_out_tongue:

That sounds awesome cliffski! Thanks for reading my suggestion!